Functional Safety Manager
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
Tenstorrent is a fast-growing RISC-V CPU and AI Hardware design company. We are seeking a highly skilled Functional Safety Manager with experience in CPU IP, SoC design and ML/AI HW accelerators to join our team. The responsibility of the role is to ensure the quality of our products and lead internal cross-functional safety and quality engineering projects.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in ISO26262 compliance, safety analysis methodologies, and automotive functional safety. The role will involve setting up and implementing safety processes, liaising with assessors and work groups at standardization bodies, and providing functional safety expertise for our automotive applications.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure compliance with appropriate standards, including ISO 26262
- Conduct safety analysis and risk assessments for CPU IP, SoC devices and ML/AI HW accelerators used in automotive applications.
- Lead development and execution of safety-related activities across all product lines, including hazard and risk analysis, safety requirements development, and safety validation and verification.
- Coordinate and oversee functional safety audits and assessments.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and mitigate potential safety hazards in product designs.
- Establish Development Interface Agreements with partners and suppliers to ensure functional safety requirements are met throughout the supply chain.
- Liaise with assessors and work groups at standardization bodies to ensure our products meet regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Work with the relevant automotive standard bodies to ensure that regional requirements are metCollaborate with internal quality management and cybersecurity teams to ensure products are safe, secure, and reliable.
- Provide functional safety expertise to internal teams and external customers as required.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience with setting up ISO26262 compliance from the grounds up for a semiconductor company.
- At least 8 years of experience in functional safety management in CPU IP, SoC design and ML/AI HW accelerators for automotive applications.
- Experience with safety analysis methodologies such as FMEA, FTA, and HARA.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience in CPU and hardware design.
- Master’s degree in electrical or Electronics Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of safety-related architecture and design for CPU IP, SoC designs and ML/AI HW accelerators.
- Familiarity with safety-critical software development processes such as MISRA CExperience with automotive industry standards such as AEC-Q100 and AEC-Q200.
- Familiarity with quality management systems such as ISO 9000/9001Familiarity with automotive cybersecurity and related standards such as ISO/SAE 21434.
If you have a passion for functional safety and a desire to work with cutting-edge technology in the automotive industry, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
We are open to remote locations / EU.
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, Tenstorrent is required to ensure compliance with licensing regulations when transferring technology to nationals of certain countries that have been sanctioned by the U.S. government.
As this position will have direct and/or indirect access to information, systems, or technologies that are subject to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, please note that citizenship/permanent residency information and/or documentation will be required and considered as Tenstorrent moves through the employment process.
See more open positions at Tenstorrent
Something looks off?