Fall CPU Design Verification Intern - AI Silicon (on-site)
Software Engineering, Design, Data Science
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
In this role, you will learn Functional verification of high-performance CPUs going into industry leading AI/ML architecture. You will be mentored by and work alongside a group of highly experienced engineers across various domains of the AI chip.
- Develop and execute DV testplans for ISA and microarchitecture
- Understand and debug RTL code for the CPU and help make changes to the design
- Help with development of architectural tools for ISA level verification
- Write C/assembly based stimulus that scales from pre-silicon to emulation and post-silicon domain
- Help with infrastructure and tool development for RTL, Performance and DV environments
- Support development and integration of testbench components such as microarchitectural models, checkers and coverage
Experience & Qualifications
- Senior year BS/MS or PhD candidate in EE/ECE/CE/CS with a strong GPA
- Prior academic work in the field of computer architecture, internship experience preferred
- Academic projects in C++ / SV / UVM as well knowledge of scripting languages
- Understanding of assembly level programming
- Knowledge of hardware description languages (Verilog, VHDL)
- Strong academic skills or internship experience in verification methodologies and techniques – Simulation/debug, TB development, stimulus, checking, coverage
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Santa Clara, CA | Austin, TX (You should be able to work on-site and full-time (40h/week) to be eligible for this role)
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, Tenstorrent is required to ensure compliance with licensing regulations when transferring technology to nationals of certain countries that have been sanctioned by the U.S. government.
As this position will have direct and/or indirect access to information, systems, or technologies that are subject to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, please note that citizenship/permanent residency information and/or documentation will be required and considered as Tenstorrent moves through the employment process.
See more open positions at Tenstorrent
Something looks off?