Staff Platform Security Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
As a Staff Platform Security Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing robust reference implementations and components for secure computing and product security. You will work closely with our hardware and software development teams to ensure that our platform is secure from the ground up, and has all the necessary components for end-to-end solutions.
- Designing and implementing secure boot, key management and firmware update mechanisms.
- Developing and implementing secure communication protocols.
- Designing and implementing full life cycle product management.
- Creating and maintaining security documentation and procedures.
- Providing guidance to development teams on secure coding practices.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest security threats and countermeasures.
- Collaborating with the broader industry on standardized approaches for security solutions on RISC-V, including standard TEE environments.
- Collaborating with third-party security experts to ensure the highest level of security for our platform.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of experience in platform security software engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of secure boot and firmware update mechanisms.
- In-depth knowledge of TEE and confidential computing solutions.
- Experience developing and implementing secure communication protocols.
- Experience conducting security assessments and risk analysis.
- Strong coding skills in C/C++ and one or more of Python, Rust or Go.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of RISC-V architecture is a plus.
We are open to this role being remote.
Compensation for all engineers at Tenstorrent ranges from $100k - $500k including base and variable compensation targets. Experience, skills, education, background and location all impact the actual offer made.
See more open positions at Tenstorrent
Something looks off?