RISC-V Embedded Software Engineering Lead
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
As the RISC-V Embedded Software Engineering Lead at Tenstorrent, you will be responsible for leading software engineering efforts to design, develop, and integrate RISC-V based software solutions for advanced embedded systems. You will play a critical role in shaping the direction of our software development efforts and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams and industry partners to deliver exceptional results.
- Hands-on development of Tenstorrent’s embedded software reference stacks.
- Lead a team of software engineers in the design, development, and integration of RISC-V based software solutions for high-end embedded applications.
- Collaborate with hardware, systems, and firmware teams to define software requirements and ensure seamless integration of software and hardware components.
- Develop and maintain software development processes, tools, and methodologies to ensure high-quality code and timely delivery.
- Mentor and guide team members, fostering a culture of continuous learning, innovation, and collaboration.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in RISC-V and automotive software development.
- Engage with customers, partners, and industry stakeholders to identify opportunities for collaboration and promote the adoption of RISC-V in the industry.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of experience in embedded software development.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Proven experience in leading software engineering teams and delivering complex software projects on time and within budget.
- Proven experience engaging with open-source communities.
- Understanding of embedded software development processes and common software stacks.
- Expertise in C/C++, RTOS, Linux, and embedded systems programming.
- Experience with Yocto, Android and similar embedded operating systems.
- Passion for staying current with industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Experience with AI/ML technologies and their integration in systems.
- Familiarity with other CPU architectures, such as ARM, x86, or MIPS.
- Knowledge of functional safety standards and their impact on embedded systems design is a plus.
- Previous experience working in a startup environment.
We are open to this role being remote.
Compensation for all engineers at Tenstorrent ranges from $100k - $500k including base and variable compensation targets. Experience, skills, education, background and location all impact the actual offer made.
See more open positions at Tenstorrent
Something looks off?