Principal System Software Engineer (RISC-V)
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
As a Principal System Software Engineer, you will be responsible for design and development of the software components of our next generation RISC-V systems. This covers a broad range from embedded and real-time systems to server platform designs, with versatile use cases for complex workloads. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to work on exciting projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Design, develop, and optimize system software for RISC-V-based AI and ML systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define software requirements and specifications.
- Collaborate with the broader open-source community on shared solutions and contributions.
- Develop and maintain software stacks, including Operating Systems, drivers, firmware, and libraries, to support our hardware platforms.
- Implement and optimize system software, and contribute to AI/ML workload optimization.
- Participate in the HW/SW co-design and review process for architecture and products designs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software and system-level issues.
- Develop and maintain software development processes, tools, and methodologies to ensure high-quality code and timely delivery.
- Stay up-to-date and engaged with the latest industry trends and advancements in RISC-V, AI, and ML technologies.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong debugging, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- Proven experience in delivering complex system software products to customers and internal stakeholders.
- 10+ years of professional experience in system software engineering.
- Solid understanding of RISC-V architecture and instruction set is a plus.
- Experience with product development of embedded software and real-time solutions is a plus.
- Strong coding skills in C/C++ and one or more of Python, Rust or Go.
- Familiarity with AI and ML algorithms, frameworks, and libraries.
- Experience with Linux kernel development and device driver programming.
- Experience with UEFI, EDK2/Tianocore and ACPI is a plus.
- Experience with AI accelerators and HW/SW co-design is a plus.
We are open to this role being remote.
Compensation for all engineers at Tenstorrent ranges from $100k - $500k including base and variable compensation targets. Experience, skills, education, background and location all impact the actual offer made.
See more open positions at Tenstorrent
Something looks off?