Lead CPU Load/Store Verification Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
Technical lead focused on Load Store verification for high-performance CPUs. The person coming into this role will help define the overall load store verification strategy, lead the DV plan and execution for this domain.
- Lead functional and performance verification of the load store unit for a from-scratch high performance CPU while working closely with Architecture and RTL team
- Develop detailed block level verification plans for load store that includes both architectural (RISCV ISA) and microarchitectural functionality
- Design and develop reusable block level testbench components in SV, UVM and C++, that include microarchitectural models, monitors, checkers
- Develop random and directed stimulus that spans pre-silicon, emulation and post-silicon domain
- Evaluate and integrate open-source toolchains into the DV flow
- Develop DV environment, tools and infrastructure to enable functional verification for pre-silicon, emulation and post-silicon
- Work with design, test and post silicon validation teams to ensure high quality delivery of the load store block
Experience & Qualifications
- BS/MS/PhD in EE/ECE/CE/CS with at least 8 years of experience
- Strong background and experience with high performance OOO CPU microarchitecture especially with load/store, caches and memory subsystem
- Experience working on an x86, ARM or RISCV based CPU
- Architectural understanding of address translation, memory ordering, cache coherence protocols, memory consistency and multi-processors
- Significant experience debugging RTL and DV in a simulation environment
- Verification methodologies and techniques – Simulation/debug, TB development, stimulus, checking, coverage, infrastructure, tools
- Experience with C++ / SV / UVM as well as scripting languages
- Experience with hardware description languages (Verilog, VHDL) and simulators (VCS, NC, Verilator)
- Strong problem solving and debug skills across various levels of design hierarchies
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Tenstorrent
Something looks off?