Technical AI / HPC Sales Lead
Software Engineering, IT, Sales & Business Development, Data Science
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
Tenstorrent is seeking an experienced technology Account Executive to drive sales of Tenstorrent hardware into Public Sector entities such as national labs, research institutions and universities. The Public Sector Sales representative will be accountable for identifying leading research institutions invested in AI and HPC that would benefit from Tenstorrent’s ML microprocessing technology, and building relationships with these organizations to drive long-term adoption and a nascent user-base of academics.
- Providing support for clients by learning about and satisfying their needs.
- Making cold calls or reaching out to prospects.
- Following up with prospects several times throughout the sales cycle to ensure needs are being met.
- Presenting and demonstrating the value of products and services to prospective buyers.
- Compiling and analyzing data to find trends.
- Developing sales strategies and achieving sales targets.
- Staying current on company offerings and industry trends.
- Updating and maintaining CRM with account interactions and contact information.
- Building long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with external contacts and internal departments to create a better customer experience.
- Handling customer issues and negotiations.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field
- 10+ years in technology sales.
- Proven track record of sales success into large Public Sector entities.
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of the AI/ML or HPC industry and knowledge of industry trends.
- The drive and energy to manage multiple accounts while looking for new opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand client needs and handle the negotiation process.
- Strong time management skills
Nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Hardware Engineering or related field
We have presence in Toronto, Austin, Santa Clara, Portland, and Raleigh. We are open to remote candidates on a case-by-case basis.
Compensation for all engineers at Tenstorrent ranges from $100k - $500k including base and variable compensation targets. Experience, skills, education, background and location all impact the actual offer made.
See more open positions at Tenstorrent
Something looks off?