Lead Debug and Trace Design Verification Engineer
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
Verification architect focused on Debug and Trace Logic for high-performance CPUs. The person
coming into this role will help define the overall design for debug strategy, lead the DV plan and
execution for this domain.
- Define design for Debug requirements for a from-scratch high performance CPU working closely with Architecture and RTL team
- Develop detailed verification plans for debug and trace logic for a server class CPU based on RISCV ISA
- Design and develop component, block and core level testbenches including stimulus engines, microarchitectural models, checkers
- Develop stimulus that spans pre-silicon, emulation and post-silicon domain
- Evaluate and integrate open-source toolchains into the DV flow
- Develop DV environment, tools and infrastructure to enable functional verification for pre-silicon, emulation and post-silicon
- Work with design, test and post silicon validation teams to deploy debug features
Experience & Qualifications
- BS/MS/PhD in EE/ECE/CE/CS with at least 5 years of experience
- Experience with Debug, Trace, JTAG and other design for debug (DFD) domains for an x86, ARM or RISCV based CPU
- Experience with computer architecture/system components/network/fabrics as a part of a CPU, ASIC or SOC design team
- Verification methodologies and techniques – Simulation/debug, TB development, stimulus, checking, coverage, infrastructure, tools
- Experience with C++ / SV / UVM as well as scripting languages
- Experience with assembly level programming
- Experience with hardware description languages (Verilog, VHDL) and simulators (VCS, NC, Verilator)
- Strong problem solving and debug skills across various levels of design hierarchies RISCV, Debug and Trace Verification Engineer
We have presence in Toronto (CAN), Austin, Santa Clara, Portland, Boston, and Raleigh (US), as well as Bangalore (India), and Cambridge (UK). We are open to remote candidates on a case by case basis.
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, Tenstorrent is required to ensure compliance with licensing regulations when transferring technology to nationals of certain countries that have been sanctioned by the U.S. government.
As this position will have direct and/or indirect access to information, systems, or technologies that are subject to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, please note that citizenship/permanent residency information and/or documentation will be required and considered as Tenstorrent moves through the employment process.
See more open positions at Tenstorrent
Something looks off?