Fabric/Memory subsystem Design Verification Engineer
Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
Experienced engineer focused on Fabric / Mem Subsystem verification for high-performance CPUs. The person coming into this role will work on a server class Fabric unit
- Functional and performance verification of the Fabric unit for a from-scratch high performance CPU while working closely with Architecture and RTL team
- Develop detailed block level verification plans for a high-performance Fabric Design and develop reusable block level testbench components in SV, UVM and C++, that include microarchitectural models, monitors, checkers
- Develop random and directed stimulus that spans pre-silicon, emulation and post-silicon domain
- Evaluate and integrate open-source toolchains into the DV flow
- Develop DV environment, tools and infrastructure to enable functional verification for pre-silicon, emulation and post-silicon
- Work with design, test and post silicon validation teams to ensure high quality delivery of the Fabric / Mem Subsystem block
Experience & Qualifications
- BS/MS/PhD in EE/ECE/CE/CS with at least 5 years of experience
- Strong background and experience with high performance OOO CPU microarchitecture especially with load/store, caches and memory subsystem
- Experience working on a Fabric for a CPU, GPU based system
- Knowledge of industry standard protocols such as CHI, AXI, ACE, Tilelink, CMN
- Architectural understanding of memory ordering, cache coherence protocols, memory consistency, multi-processors and fabric topologies
- Significant experience debugging RTL and DV in a simulation environment
- Verification methodologies and techniques – Simulation/debug, TB development, stimulus, checking, coverage, infrastructure, tools
- Experience with C++ / SV / UVM as well as scripting languages
- Experience with hardware description languages (Verilog, VHDL) and simulators (VCS, NC, Verilator)
- Strong problem solving and debug skills across various levels of design hierarchies
We have presence in Toronto, Austin, Santa Clara, Portland, and Raleigh. We are open to remote candidates on a case-by-case basis.
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, Tenstorrent is required to ensure compliance with licensing regulations when transferring technology to nationals of certain countries that have been sanctioned by the U.S. government.
As this position will have direct and/or indirect access to information, systems, or technologies that are subject to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, please note that citizenship/permanent residency information and/or documentation will be required and considered as Tenstorrent moves through the employment process.
See more open positions at Tenstorrent
Something looks off?