Lead Graphic & UI Designer
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Salary: CAD 80k - 120k / year
Location: Remote, Canada
Type: Full-time, Permanent
The DevCycle Growth Team is looking for a Lead Graphic & UI Designer to help create and evolve our brand. As the primary designer on the team, tasks will be varied and include digital assets, online user interface design, printed media, and simple animations.
We’re specifically looking for a courageous and independent designer, with strong opinions and relevant experience.
Ideal candidates will be motivated, thoughtful, and creative! This role is perfect for someone looking to craft and shape the future of a brand, ensuring it is trustworthy, approachable, authentic, and kind.
Role & Responsibilities
- Create engaging graphical assets for both digital and printed media
- Own the design language for both public-facing and client-facing web properties, including marketing website, community forums, and in-product experiences
- Partner with the product team to add designs and design feedback to product scoping and planning
- Design digital assets for video production and live streaming
- Build branding direction, goals, and guidelines for both internal teams and external partners to follow
Skills & Qualifications
- Multiple years of experience as a professional designer
- Highly creative, able to generate new designs and concepts independently
- Some printed media experience required (banners, stickers, t-shirts, etc)
- Careful attention to detail, with pixel-perfect consideration
- Well developed understanding of what it means to design for varying screen sizes and accessibility
- Self-motivated, with great time management and organization skills
- Comfortable running a design process from start to finish that encourages feedback and iteration
DevCycle works with some of the world’s best-known brands on very complex and unique technical challenges. Our culture of building, learning, and experimentation allows us to work on new and innovative ideas. This means you’ll add valuable experience to your resume quickly and have lots of opportunity for personal and career growth. We’ll have your back with a competitive salary, stock options, generous health and vacation policies, and robust benefits starting day one.
We operate in a hybrid work environment that allows you to do your best work wherever makes the most sense for you. We have a modern office space in the heart of Toronto for our team to collaborate, plan, and do creative work together if they choose. All team meetings are hybrid-first, and we provide high quality equipment for both home and office use.
DevCycle is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to build a diverse team that embodies our values of mutual collaboration and respect. We recognize how the input of different experiences can positively impact the product and service we deliver to our customers.