RF Antenna Design Lead (Startup Co-Founder)
TandemLaunch is looking for an RF Hardware Engineer to become part of the founding leadership team at a deep-tech startup in the wireless communication industry. Our team is pioneering the development of next-generation wireless antennas that defy fundamental scaling laws, allowing for sub-wavelength scale form factors.
TandemLaunch is a unique Canadian start-up foundry and venture capital fund. We create cutting-edge technology companies based on research taken straight from major university labs. We focus on commercializing innovations in consumer electronics, hardware-enabled technologies, machine learning, and embedded systems.
What you’ll get to do
- Develop a profitable start-up by leveraging your research skills and technical expertise
- Work with cutting-edge technologies from world class laboratories in the deep-tech sector
- Identify patentable intellectual property and execute technical due diligence to create your startup’s patent portfolio
- Design and implement a technological roadmap to develop a minimum viable product in 18-24 months
- Provide scientific leadership and guidance to your team to validate your product’s core functions
What we offer
- $600-800K in seed funding
- A competitive compensation package: a fixed salary, a significant equity stake in your start-up, group health insurance, and generous vacations
- Access to investor networks
- All-you-can-imagine support, i.e., financial advising, work visa sponsorship, business mentorship, industry connections, and academic advising.
What we’re looking for
- PhD in electrical engineering or a related field
- In-depth expertise in RF antenna design and measurement, including experience with advanced tools and equipment such as network analyzers, anechoic chambers, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in MEMS manufacturing is highly desirable
- Familiarity with micromagnetics theory and simulations is considered an asset
- Leadership skills to build and lead a team of engineers and researchers. Ability to foster a collaborative and innovative environment, driving the development of cutting-edge solutions.
- Willingness to stay updated on the latest advancements in the wireless communications industry. Openness to continuous learning and adaptation to emerging technologies and methodologies.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a strong willingness to co-found and contribute to the growth of a deep-tech startup. Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and contribute to strategic decision-making.
TandemLaunch is committed to building a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. We welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, and other candidates who will contribute to the enrichment of ideas and perspectives.