Are you a someone who is driven and wants to grow in a central accounting/finance support role? In this role as Portfolio Accountant you will assume the accounting and reporting for certain portfolio companies under management along with a variety of administrative activities.
The tasks will include:
- Day-to-day bookkeeping and full-cycle accounting
- Working with portfolio teams to ensure needs are met, to monitor and improve processes and to ensure information is received in a timely manner
- Preparing payroll and accompanying entries
- Producing reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis and contributing to ad-hoc financial analysis and special projects
- Reviewing and preparing regular government reporting
- Supporting year-end activities
- Coordinating and advising on grants, tax credits and other financing opportunities and working with external partners on the files.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, you will have an opportunity to work independently while receiving coaching and guidance as needed. This role if ideal for someone with some experience who wants to accelerate their career and gain multi-disciplinary knowledge in growing organizations.
While the primary activities will be supporting portfolio companies, you will also have an opportunity to work with colleagues on accounting and reporting for investment funds and related activities.
The ideal candidate has a bachelor's degree or certificate in accounting, with experience in day-to-day bookkeeping. Candidates should be self-starting, well organized and able to balance competing deliverables. TandemLaunch is hybrid office and remote work, offers great flexibility and provides competitive benefits.