Electrical Engineer (Co-Founder)
About the venture:
Sanitization is a prevalent priority across the world, exacerbated in recent years by SARS-CoV-2. Current practices often rely on harsh chemicals which can counterintuitively impact public health and the environment. We are reinventing sanitization by means of chemical-free air and surface spray which is both eco-friendly and economically viable. The technology uses water droplets as a carrier for reactive oxygen species to effectively neutralize an array of microorganisms, infectious agents, and foodborne pathogens.
TandemLaunch is a unique Canadian start-up foundry. We create cutting-edge technology companies based on research taken straight from major university labs. We focus on commercializing innovations in consumer electronics, hardware-enabled technologies, and artificial intelligence. As a Co-Founder, you will be the heart of our start-up foundry and the innovative drive behind our success.
What you’ll get to do
- Develop a profitable start-up by leveraging your research skills and technical expertise
- Work with cutting-edge technologies from world class laboratories in the deep-tech sector
- Identify patentable intellectual property and execute technical due diligence to create your startup’s patent portfolio
- Design and implement a technological roadmap to develop a minimum viable product in 18-24 months
- Provide scientific leadership and guidance to your team to validate your product’s core functions
What we offer
- $600-800K in pre-seed funding
- A founding equity stake in your start-up
- Group health insurance and a modest stipend
- Access to our investor networks
What we’re looking for
- PhD in electrical engineering; MS candidates with project/work experience are also encouraged to apply
- Expertise in the state-of-the-art of electrical and computer engineering technologies
- Proactive team player with leadership aspirations and hustle
- Strong communication skills to translate key features into salient benefits for technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-motivated and proactive personality with an entrepreneurial spirit
How it works
- Submit your application and get contacted by our team
- Create a company idea with the support of our team
- Develop the idea into a viable investment
- Unlock the $600-$800k early-stage funding
TandemLaunch is committed to building a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. We welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, and other candidates who will contribute to the enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
Something looks off?