Manufacturing Technician, I
Manufacturing Technician, I
Synaptive Medical is a Canadian medical device company, based in downtown Toronto, focused on supporting healthcare professionals and systems in patient diagnosis and treatment. Synaptive’s suite of products include MRI, surgical planning, navigation, and robotic visualization – all of which can be seamlessly combined or used independently in the operating room. The company has a number of opportunities for innovative people to join the team and share in the development of technologies to solve surgical and imaging challenges in patient care.
What You’ll Do
- Assemble, inspect, troubleshoot, test, calibrate, and pack electromechanical medical devices and associated components following Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines, ISO Standards, and approved Standard Operating Procedures
- Solve technical manufacturing issues related to electromechanical systems, computer systems, and imaging systems with the use of electronic test instruments and engineering documentation including schematics, technical drawings, performance specifications, etc.
- Assist in the development, build, qualification, and maintenance of manufacturing testing stations including hardware and software installations, assembly test fixtures/jigs, and other test equipment as required
- Support the development and implementation of manufacturing processes and procedures for new product introductions and continuous improvement initiatives
- Work with team members and co-ordinate with other departments to meet requirements of schedule, quality, and safety
- Provide recommendations and support implementation of Lean Manufacturing activities
- Recommend and support the implementation of optimized technical methods to meet manufacturing process requirements, product requirements, and quality assurance, while minimizing overall production costs
- Provide inputs for continuous improvement initiatives for product manufacturability and serviceability
- Support the development and update of manufacturing work instructions and documentation as required
- Communicate production status, deviations, issues and general information as required
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 3 years experience in manufacturing/assembly of electromechanical systems (medical device preferred)
- Engineering/Technologist Diploma or equivalent
- Experience & knowledge in Electro Mechanical assemblies and Lean Manufacturing principles & applications preferred
- Experience working with Volt Meters, torque wrenches, hand tools and specialized test equipment
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office software
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Excellent problem solving skills, technical proficiency, and analytical abilities
- Excellent communication skills and some knowledge in Technical writing
- Able to adapt and embrace change in a product development & manufacturing setting
- Ability to identify potential problems and take appropriate action
- Must be able to work with others in different disciplines
- Must be able to work in a team setting
- Moderate lifting (up to 50 lbs) required
Synaptive has a special duty to take a leadership role in protecting the health and wellbeing of its employees and the public. The COVID-19 vaccines are an important public health measure for mitigating the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace and society. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or a reason protected by legislation why they cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Diversity & Inclusivity
Synaptive is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Synaptive will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
How to Apply
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, or the country in which they’re applying to, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet or exceed the requirements defined in the job description, please include #GOBRAIN in the top right corner of your resume and then complete your online application by clicking “Apply Now” and following the prompts.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete background checks, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable background check.
We would like to thank everyone who submits an application. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly