Field Support Specialist, MRI - New Jersey, USA
Synaptive Medical Inc.
Synaptive Medical is a Canadian medical device company, based in downtown Toronto, focused on supporting healthcare professionals and systems in patient diagnosis and treatment. Synaptive’s suite of products include MRI, surgical planning, navigation, and robotic visualization – all of which can be seamlessly combined or used independently in the operating room. The company has a number of opportunities for innovative people to join the team and share in the development of technologies to solve surgical and imaging challenges in patient care.
We have a unique opportunity for a Field Support Specialist in the southwest USA. The Field Support Specialist is an essential part of the Synaptive Customer Support Team. Responsibilities include providing on-site services, installations, emergency repairs, upgrades, and routine maintenance. You will have an opportunity to use your broad knowledge and experience in servicing complex medical equipment to provide a truly great customer experience. This is also an opportunity for you to play a key role in providing customer feedback and making recommendations to Engineering, Design, Quality and Production as a collaborative team member.
The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail and a passion for improving efficiencies. This role closely supports the Sales and Applications Teams to promote customer loyalty. Responsiveness and compassion assures the customer that they’ve made a great choice with Synaptive’s products and services.
What You’ll Do
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems on Synaptive equipment in a medical environment
- Drive customer satisfaction through service excellence by conducting; installations and modifications, preventive maintenance, managing repair/parts cycle times
- Handle escalating situations quickly and professionally
- Provide 2nd line support to our Clinical Applications Specialists in all aspects of customer support
- Develop a very high level of product knowledge, becoming proficient in service and repair of all Synaptive systems
- Provide pre-delivery coordination for installation of Synaptive products
- Set-up connectivity to PACS and handle coordination of connectivity within the hospital
- Ensure all required training and certification is completed on time
- Provide both Technical and Non-technical support during clinical courses and sales & marketing events
- Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers, as well as performing necessary administrative duties accurately
- Work with other departments and team members to capture product and process-knowledge for the Service Organization
- Maintain and enhance knowledge repositories
- Occasionally work off hours with occasional weekend support
- Travel approximately 50% of the time
- Other related duties as necessary
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 5+ years of in-field experience servicing complex medical devices
- Experience with mechanical devices, tools and test equipment, telecommunications systems, and working knowledge of computer networking
- Comprehensive understanding of IT connectivity; hospital networks and troubleshooting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills within a hospital setting
- Valid driving license and satisfactory driving record
- Experience with budgets, expenses, and resource management
- Proficient in the use of hardware and software applications including Microsoft Office, Unix, etc.
- Valid passport
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- Understanding of MRI operation, MRI coils and accessory devices
- Experience in implementing Enterprise Imaging solutions
- Understanding of clinical workflows in radiology and OR departments
- Knowledge/understanding of Informatics domain, virtual systems
- Knowledge/understanding of RIS, PACS and/or VNA
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- High attention to detail, meeting accuracy and productivity goals
- Understanding of terminology and ability to share and communicate effectively
- Ability to function within and support a team environment and build strong working relationships
- Dependable and punctual
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, utilize available resources for self-improvement and development
- Outgoing, friendly, positive attitude with exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to anticipate customer needs
- Open to new ideas and suggestions
- Comfortable with attending live surgeries and working in Cadaver labs
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Synaptive has a special duty to take a leadership role in protecting the health and wellbeing of its employees and the public. The COVID-19 vaccines are an important public health measure for mitigating the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace and society. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or a reason protected by legislation why they cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Diversity & Inclusivity
Synaptive is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Synaptive will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
How to Apply
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, or the country in which they’re applying to, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet or exceed the requirements defined in the job description, please include #GOBRAIN in the top right corner of your resume and then complete your online application by clicking “Apply Now” and following the prompts.
We would like to thank everyone who submits an application. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Job Family Customer Care
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel % 80
Something looks off?