Manufacturing Process Engineering Associate
Synaptive Medical Inc.
Synaptive Medical is a Canadian medical device company, based in downtown Toronto, focused on supporting healthcare professionals and systems in patient diagnosis and treatment. Synaptive’s suite of products include MRI, surgical planning, navigation, and robotic visualization – all of which can be seamlessly combined or used independently in the operating room. The company has a number of opportunities for innovative people to join the team and share in the development of technologies to solve surgical and imaging challenges in patient care.
The Manufacturing Process Engineering Associate will support manufacturing in the implementation of new products and engineering changes in the company ERP system, as well as supporting the improvement of manufacturing processes for sophisticated, sensitive, precision medical instruments used in surgical and imaging applications.
What you’ll do
- Implementing design changes and new product releases into the company ERP system
- Interacting with various departments - Production, Engineering, Quality, Service, and others- to facilitate communication, introducing changes and ERP implementation
- Supporting Manufacturing Engineers in implementing and transferring of manufacturing processes and procedures for new product introductions or any other running changes
- Providing inputs for continuous improvement initiatives for product functionality, manufacturability, and serviceability
- Assisting during internal/external audit process
- Assisting with other manufacturing related tasks as required
What you’ll need
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent education gained through work experiences
- Minimum 1 year experience with manufacturing techniques involved with electromechanical systems (medical device preferred)
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 environment preferred
- Good computer skills (MS Office applications)
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- Experience with NetSuite Oracle or any other advanced ERP system
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (direct, Teams/Zoom, Outlook, reports)
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage workload to ensure that deadlines and targets are met
- Ability to adapt to changes in a product development & manufacturing setting
- Must be able to work with others in different disciplines
- Must be able to work in a team setting and on individual basis, as required
Synaptive has a special duty to take a leadership role in protecting the health and wellbeing of its employees and the public. The COVID-19 vaccines are an important public health measure for mitigating the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace and society. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or a reason protected by legislation why they cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Diversity & Inclusivity
Synaptive is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Synaptive will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
How to Apply
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, or the country in which they’re applying to, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet or exceed the requirements defined in the job description, please include #GOBRAIN in the top right corner of your resume and then complete your online application by clicking “Apply Now” and following the prompts.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete background checks, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable background check.
We would like to thank everyone who submits an application. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Pay Type Salary
Something looks off?