Director of Strategy, Proptech
Who We Are
SWTCH is pioneering EV charging solutions for multifamily and commercial properties across North America.
Founded in 2016 by entrepreneurs, investors, and energy professionals, SWTCH had a vision of enabling communities to realize the social, economic, and environmental benefits of widespread EV adoption. Since then, its EV charging and energy management solutions have been installed in thousands of multifamily buildings. By leveraging the latest technology available, SWTCH is making EV charging possible for all buildings.
With a growing base of clients across North America, SWTCH is currently looking for opportunities to deepen our market penetration across Canada and the United States.
SWTCH is looking for a Director of Strategy, Proptech, to help define its strategy and launch new offerings in the Smart Building / Proptech space. Reporting to the Head of Strategy, this position will play a key role in establishing SWTCH as a leader in the multi-tenant & urban EV charging space.
The main responsibility of this role will be to lead SWTCH's growth in the smart building and Proptech sector. This will include:
- Refine SWTCH's understanding of the sector: structure and prioritize our engagements with companies based on their ability to enhance our existing solutions and/or to create additional sources of revenue. Target partners include:
- Smart Parking, smart display, and IOT companies
- Accounting, payment, and tenant interaction platforms
- ESG reporting, energy monitoring platforms
- Building Management Systems, HVAC controls, distributed energy resources
- Lead engagements and structure partnership - Lead outreach with priority Proptech / Smart Building companies and work to define joint commercial opportunities (e.g., integrated parking and EV charging costs billing for tenants) and assess market potential
- Implement strategic integrations with these partners - This may entail leading product scoping conversations, drafting contracts, and assisting the engineering team with pilot projects
- Convert successful pilot projects into new commercial offerings: work with the Sales and Finance team to define commercial terms and pricing and assist the Sales team through commercial launch
In addition, this role may be called on to help with the below additional work-streams:
- Partnership building with automakers: help SWTCH deepen relationships with automakers to become their preferred partner for multifamily and dealership installation
- Ad-hoc strategy support: support strategic discussions with partners or customers; help orient and scale new SWTCH initiatives (offerings, teams, market, etc.), support market & competitive intelligence activities
Though this will be an individual contributor role at first, the goal is to grow this role to become either a senior leader of the strategy team or a business development leader within the sales organization, responsible for one or multiple business lines.
- Strong knowledge of the real estate and Proptech landscape across North America
- ~10 years of experience in corporate strategy, consulting, product management, commercial partnerships, or an equivalent career, with at least 5 in the proptech sector
- Proven track record of launching new businesses, products or partnerships, including building a business plan, refining product requirements and leading commercial conversations
- Experience leading or advising software teams to deliver integrations
- Experience in a fast paced, nimble startup environment
Additional (non-required, but preferred) qualifications:
- Experience in the energy management, EV charging and/or auto industries
- Strong technical background (software / electrical engineering or similar)
- Business Impact - As a core member of the sales team, you have the opportunity to take a lead role and make a significant impact on the culture and values of the company.
- Environmental Impact - We are a clean energy company with a mission to reduce carbon emissions globally to ensure a clean and sustainable future.
- Diversity - People develop their talents and skills in different ways. We value different paths and experiences. If you think you meet the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express
SWTCH does not offer employment to prospects without first ensuring that qualified candidates speak directly with the hiring manager and a member of our P&C team. All qualifications will be done face-to-face, whether that is in person or over Google Meet. SWTCH does not send out offers of employment without meeting candidates and does not offer employment via text. If you are contacted for any personal information via test and/or without having met a member of our hiring team in person, please disregard.
SWTCH Energy is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.