Who We Are
SWTCH is pioneering EV charging solutions for multifamily and commercial properties across North America.
Founded in 2016 by entrepreneurs, investors, and energy professionals, SWTCH had a vision of enabling communities to realize the social, economic, and environmental benefits of widespread EV adoption. Since then, its EV charging and energy management solutions have been installed in thousands of multifamily buildings, 50 percent of which are classified as low-to-moderate income. By leveraging the latest technology available, SWTCH is making EV charging possible for all buildings.
With a growing base of clients across North America, SWTCH is currently looking for opportunities to deepen our market penetration across Canada and the United States.
SWTCH is looking for a Bookkeeper to join our growing Finance Team! As a dynamic collaborator, you will be responsible for essential accounting tasks such as general ledger entries, recording of payments/adjustments, and employee expenses. You will also assist management with process improvement, and monthly financial reporting.
- Monitor operating accounts for incoming payments and direct application of payment.
- Prepare and send outgoing electronic payments.
- Assist with customer invoicing and collections process to ensure invoices are issued accurately and in a timely manner; ensuring receivables are current.
- Review and maintain employee expenses to perform monthly bank reconciliations for our US Subsidiary as well as our Canadian Parent entity.
- Handle confidential materials and documents.
Reporting and process improvements
- Assist with month-end accounting activities.
- Assist in weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting as required by management.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Comply with federal, state/provincial, and local legal requirements.
- Perform other administrative duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 3+ Years in Bookkeeping experience preferred (we will also consider strong applicants with a different but relevant experience)
- Attention to detail and thoroughness when analyzing data.
- Strong communication, reporting, and presentation skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks online (QBO) is a plus but not mandatory.
- Business Impact - As a core member of the sales team, you have the opportunity to take a lead role and make a significant impact on the culture and values of the company.
- Environmental Impact - We are a clean energy company with a mission to reduce carbon emissions globally to ensure a clean and sustainable future.
- Diversity - People develop their talents and skills in different ways. We value different paths and experiences. If you think you meet the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express
SWTCH does not offer employment to prospects without first ensuring that qualified candidates speak directly with the hiring manager and a member of our P&C team. All qualifications will be done face-to-face, whether that is in person or over Google Meet. SWTCH does not send out offers of employment without meeting candidates and does not offer employment via text. If you are contacted for any personal information via test and/or without having met a member of our hiring team in person, please disregard.
SWTCH Energy is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Annual Salary Range
CAD $60,000 - $75,000