Marketing Communications Manager
SWTCH is pioneering EV charging solutions for multifamily and commercial properties across North America.
Founded in 2016 by entrepreneurs, investors, and energy professionals, SWTCH had a vision of enabling communities to realize the social, economic, and environmental benefits of widespread EV adoption. Since then, its EV charging and energy management solutions have been installed in hundreds of multifamily buildings, 50 percent of which are classified as low-to-moderate income. By leveraging the latest technology available, SWTCH is making EV charging possible for all buildings.
With a growing base of clients, SWTCH is currently looking for opportunities to deepen our market penetration across North America.
SWTCH is seeking a talented and experienced Marketing Communications Manager to join our team. As the Marketing Communications Manager, you will play a crucial role in shaping and executing our content strategy, acting as the editor & voice of SWTCH. This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in Canada.
- Content Strategy and Execution: Develop and implement a comprehensive content strategy that aligns with SWTCH's brand identity and business goals. Create compelling and engaging content tailored to our audiences (including blog posts, case studies, thought leadership pieces, infographics, etc).
- Social Media Content Management: Lead and execute on the content calendar for our social media audiences on LinkedIn and Twitter. Working in conjunction with the Head of Marketing to develop content that increases our brand awareness, engagement, and quality traffic to our website. Monitor social media trends and competitor activities to identify opportunities for SWTCH.
- Sales Funnel Management: Collaborate with the sales team to optimize the sales funnel and lead generation efforts. Develop and implement strategies to attract, nurture, and convert leads into customers. Leverage marketing automation tools and techniques to support lead nurturing and scoring.
- Customer Email Communications: Oversee the development and execution of customer email communication campaigns. Leverage SWTCH’s CRM system, specifically Salesforce & Pardot, to segment audiences and deliver personalized and targeted email content to our various audiences.
- Brand Voice and Messaging: Ensure consistency and clarity of SWTCH's brand voice and messaging across all channels and touchpoints. Develop and maintain brand guidelines to guide content creation and communications.
- Industry Knowledge: Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, innovations, and developments in the electric vehicle (EV) industry, EV charging, V2X, Demand Response, and other relevant technical areas. Apply this knowledge to create valuable and informative content that positions SWTCH as a thought leader in the industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field. Equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- Proven experience in marketing communications, content marketing, or a similar role.
- Strong writing and editing skills with the ability to create compelling and concise content.
- Experience managing social media platforms, particularly LinkedIn and Twitter, for business purposes.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, preferably Salesforce and email marketing automation tool, Pardot.
- Knowledge of the electric vehicle (EV) industry, EV charging, Demand Response, or related technical areas is highly desirable.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to monitor and measure campaign performance using relevant tools and metrics.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in a remote work environment.
Perks and Benefits
- Business Impact - As an integral member of the sales team, you have the opportunity to show initiative and make a significant impact on the success of the company.
- Environmental Impact - We are a clean energy company with a mission to reduce GHG emissions globally to ensure a clean and sustainable future.
- Diversity - People develop their talents and skills in different ways. We value different paths and experiences. If you think you meet the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express your interest here.
SWTCH Energy is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.