Policy Manager - Western US
As the Manager, Policy at SWTCH Energy Inc., you will play a pivotal role in driving policy and regulatory outcomes and delivering wins across the Western U.S. In this position, you will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive engagement strategy that supports our policy priorities, grows and shapes the market for EV charging, and strengthens SWTCH’s presence and relationships with regional, state, federal and local governments, utilities, and other industry stakeholders.
- Develop and implement policy and regulatory engagement priorities and strategy for the Western U.S. in alignment with SWTCH’s overall policy and regulatory objectives.
- Participate in legislative proceedings, utility commission dockets, agency rulemakings and other formal and informal processes to support and shape policies, programs, tariffs, and standards that grow the market for equitable EV access and adoption.
- Identify, participate in, and actively contribute to relevant membership associations and other collaborative stakeholder coalitions.
- Collaborate internally across SWTCH teams to inform and equip them to meet policy and regulatory developments.
- Partner with business development, sales, and other teams to support SWTCH’s commercial success through bid, grant, and other partnership opportunities.
- Supervise and manage retainers for contract firms, as needed.
- Represent SWTCH with integrity and credibility as a steward of the industry.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field. Master’s degree or law degree is preferred. (Other certifications or professional work in a relevant field may qualify if the degree is not in a relevant field.)
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in policy, regulatory, government relations, and/or program implementation, preferably with a focus on EV charging, clean transportation, and/or clean energy.
- Strong professional network and relationships in the EV charging, clean transportation, and/or clean energy policy and regulatory ecosystem across the Western U.S., with a focus on California
- Strong understanding of EV charging market dynamics and policy landscape.
- Effective communication, advocacy, and interpersonal skills, to include translating policies and regulations into actionable information and collaborating across functional teams.
- Strategic thinker with a track record of driving impactful change and delivering wins in dynamic and fluid environments.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized, capable of managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Preference for a candidate geographically based in the Western U.S.
- Passion for decarbonizing the transportation sector.
- Ability to travel ~25% of the time.
- Business impact: as an integral member of the policy team, you have the opportunity to show initiative and make a significant impact on the success of the company as we continue to grow as an industry leader
- Environmental impact: we are a clean energy company with a mission to reduce GHG emissions globally to ensure a clean and sustainable future
- Diversity: people develop their skills in different ways and we value all paths and experiences as a minority-founded company
SWTCH Energy is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.