Sales Development Representative - National
Who We Are
SWTCH is pioneering EV charging solutions for multifamily and commercial properties across North America.
Founded in 2016 by entrepreneurs, investors, and energy professionals, SWTCH had a vision of enabling communities to realize the social, economic, and environmental benefits of widespread EV adoption. Since then, its EV charging and energy management solutions have been installed in hundreds of multifamily buildings, 50 percent of which are classified as low-to-moderate income. By leveraging the latest technology available, SWTCH is making EV charging possible for all buildings.
With a growing base of clients across North America, SWTCH is currently looking for opportunities to deepen our market penetration across Canada and the United States.
SWTCH is looking for a Sales Development Representative to help us scale and grow our business across the USA. Reporting directly to the Director of US Sales and working closely with our Business Development team you’ll help identify, develop, and support meaningful channel partnerships for SWTCH. The SWTCH team is lean, motivated, and driven by our mission to realize a clean energy future.
- Maintain relationships with current clients and identify new prospects
- Research prospective accounts in targeted markets, pursue leads, and follow through to a successful agreement
- Understand the target markets, including industry, public policy, regional programs, companies, projects, and which market strategies can be used to attract clients
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to ensure that milestones are achieved
- Possess a strong understanding of our products, our competition in the industry, and positioning
- Follow the latest industry developments and stay up-to-date on the competitive landscape
- Maintain customer activity in the CRM platform
- Exceed performance metrics
- Minimum of a post-secondary degree
- 2-3 years of experience in sales, business development, and customer management
- Experience in relevant industries such as real estate development, transportation, or energy
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning, and implementing skills
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of and passion for clean energy and mobility sectors
- Ability to travel 15-20%
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce)
Perks and Benefits
- Business Impact - As an integral member of the sales team, you have the opportunity to show initiative and make a significant impact on the success of the company.
- Environmental Impact - We are a clean energy company with a mission to reduce GHG emissions globally to ensure a clean and sustainable future.
- Diversity - People develop their talents and skills in different ways. We value different paths and experiences. If you think you meet the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express your interest here.
SWTCH Energy is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.