Business Development Manager - Eastern Canada
Who We Are
SWTCH is pioneering EV charging solutions for multifamily and commercial properties across North America.
Founded in 2016 by entrepreneurs, investors, and energy professionals, SWTCH had a vision of enabling communities to realize the social, economic, and environmental benefits of widespread EV adoption. Since then, its EV charging and energy management solutions have been installed in hundreds of multifamily buildings, 50 percent of which are classified as low-to-moderate income. By leveraging the latest technology available, SWTCH makes EV charging possible for all buildings. With a growing base of clients across North America, SWTCH is looking for opportunities to deepen our market penetration across Canada and the United States.
SWTCH is looking for a Business Development Manager to help us scale and grow our business in
Eastern Canada. Reporting directly to the Head of Sales, you’ll help develop meaningful direct
sales, channel, and technology partnerships for SWTCH. The SWTCH team is lean, motivated, and
driven by our mission to realizing a clean energy future.
- Research prospective accounts in targeted markets, pursue leads and follow through to a successful agreement
- Understand the target markets, including industry, company, project, company contacts and which market strategies can be used to attract clients
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to ensure that milestones are achieved
- Maintain relationships with current clients and identify new prospects
- Possess a strong understanding of our products, our competition in the industry and positioning
- Follow the latest industry developments and stay up-to-date on the competitive landscape
- Maintain customer activity in CRM platform
- Minimum of a post-secondary degree
- 3 years of experience in sales, business development, and customer management
- Experience in relevant industries such as real estate, transportation, or energy
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of and passion for clean energy and mobility sectors
- Native or bilingual in French
Perks and Benefits
- Business Impact - As a core member of the executive team, you have the opportunity to take a lead role and make a significant impact on the culture and values of the company
- Environmental Impact - We are a clean energy company with a mission to reduce carbon emissions globally to ensure a clean and sustainable future
- Generous equity - It is important to us that you are invested in SWTCH's future. We're here for the long term, and we want you to be part of it
- Diversity - People develop their talents and skills in different ways. We value different paths and experiences. If you think you meet the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express your interest here
SWTCH Energy is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.