Full Stack Developer
Job Opportunity SWTCH is seeking a Full Stack Developer to support the development of our electric vehicle (EV) charging platform. Reporting directly to the Director of Product, you’ll help with building out new features, incorporate customer feedback, and troubleshoot bugs. The ideal candidate will have experience in software development and/or engineering in an agile development environment. Experience with hardware-software integration is preferred. The SWTCH team is lean, motivated, and driven by our mission to realizing a clean energy future.
- Develop and maintain API endpoints to enable partner, user-facing, and internal monitoring and control applications,
- Design and build new interfaces and components for our platform
- Harden existing IoT network and micro services to meet growing customer demand while maintaining legacy compatibility,
- Develop communications technologies for interfacing with utility grid operators
- Able to prioritize effectively the demands for tight deliverable deadlines and high-quality thresholds on software projects,
- Refactoring and continuous improvements of the codebases via refactoring and GxP design,
- Work with product managers, PMO, designer, QA, architecture, developers to deliver high quality releases on time and within scope,
- Collaborate with architecture and senior developers to provide technical feasibility, specifications and estimates for project level work and maintain performance, data security, and integrity,
- Provide clear guidance and feedback to software developers regarding performance, career management, and development, and
- Create a team culture to comply with the company's five values: collaborative, growth minded, innovative, positive, owners.
- Strong programming skills in Java and Python,
- 5+ years of full-stack experience in writing and maintaining customer-facing cloud applications and backend APIs in a production level environment.
- 3+ years of experience in implementation of external integrations using REST.
- 3+ years of experience with NoSQL non-relational and SQL and relational databases.
- Demonstrated expertise with AWS including Amplify, AppSync, API Gateway, IoT, Lambda (Python, JS), S3, etc.
- Skilled in queuing services, in-memory data stores (Kafka), websocket management, and continuous integration techniques
- Understanding of and passion for clean energy and mobility sectors
What else will you need to be successful?
- Background in Electrical Engineering
- Strong communication skills and commitment to teamwork
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
Perks and Benefits:
- Business Impact - As a core member of the executive team, you have the opportunity to take a lead role and make a significant impact on the culture and values of the company
- Environmental Impact - We are a clean energy company with a mission to reduce GHG emissions globally to ensure a clean and sustainable future
- Diversity - People develop their talents and skills in different ways. We value different paths and experiences. If you think you meet the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express your interest here.