Robot Service Technician - Texas, US
Are you interested in working with one of Canada’s fastest-growing startups in one of the hottest fields of technology today? We’re building 100% electric robots for grass cutting in massive, 1,000+ acre solar fields and snow plowing robots. Our mission is to make outdoor work equipment sustainable, and safety is our #1 company value. We are venture-backed and have investment from some of the leading companies in utility-scale solar. In our collaborative and innovative work environment, we believe anything is possible with the right team and are looking for you to make an impact!
- On-call, 40-50 hours per week, shifts anytime between 7am-12am
- Restore the functionality of robots / robot systems
- Deal with electrical, mechanical and software problems
- Conduct maintenance and testing on robots prior so they are ready for servicing
- Fill out detailed service reports
- Maintain safety standards of equipment and work area
- Provide technical support onsite and offsite
- Use the company's IT tools to record support and service activities
- Determine which replacement parts will be needed for service calls and ensure that they are available
- Report quality problems encountered to the appropriate manager and share information as an active team member
- Comply with the company's Safety procedures and standards
- Remote control of robots for different kinds of maintenance including solar field rough cutting and trimming
- Loading and unloading of trailers and trucks
- Supervision of robots over several hours of operation
- Conducting Autonomous testing
- Site travel as required within Texas
- Previous experience doing auto repairs
- Ability to travel frequently within Texas for site repairs and maintenance
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license and experience driving a truck and trailer.
- Valid and unrestricted passport.
- High school diploma and post-secondary degree as an asset
- Commercial driving license as an asset
- Ability to work outdoors in various conditions including freezing temperatures, snow, heat, humidity and rain
- Physical ability to walk for long periods
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to work in the AM and PM, including on weekends
- Ability to manage independent repair visits.
- Proficient experience using power and hand tools.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Previous experience with circuits/basic electrical.
- Basic coding (C++, python) skills.
- Experience with software troubleshooting.
- Very strong communication skills.
- Strong analysis skills and the right attitude for problem solving.
Why work for us?
- We’re one of Canada’s fastest growing companies & venture-backed by leaders in the solar industry.
- Welcoming, inclusive and collaborative team environment
- Green Energy technology
- Exciting Startup with many opportunities to make an impact
Swap Robotics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if any accommodation is needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be kept confidential.