Director of Account Management
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
As the Director of Account Management at Street Context, you set the overall vision and strategic plan for an Account Management organization tasked with growing our revenue across existing customers. Our customers are some of the largest and most influential enterprises in the world, and our product has become a central component of their daily habits and workflows. This is an opportunity to apply your expertise in Enterprise SaaS Account Management to build and lead a team with massive strategic significance and impact.
You will report directly to the VP of Customer Success and have a strong voice in strategic decision making, including identifying challenges facing the business.
Your background in Enterprise SaaS Account Management will position you to own the organizational design, annual planning process, functional budget, hiring roadmap, and performance management of the Account Management department. This includes designing our account management strategies across our client segments and overseeing the evolution of these approaches as our product offering and industry evolve.
You are responsible for leading and building a team of A players - recruiting, developing, and fostering a culture of high performance, and owning the results of the team. Your A players own the growth, and ultimately the success, of our customers, and therefore you will need to design compensation plans that align to achieving revenue results.
Your sales-focused background will allow you to accurately forecast your team’s revenue growth, and build the repeatable, scalable, processes required to increase the velocity of Street Context’s growth as a business.
As a leader of the function, you proactively work cross-functionally with customer success, sales, product, marketing, and operations to analyze, test, and improve Street Context’s strategies and playbooks to align with our business goals.
As a foundation, you will need to familiarize yourself and continually update your understanding of the market we operate in, our users' workflows, and how we fit into the broader enterprise on the sell side. Additionally, you’ll become a product expert, understanding how the Street Context offering augments the users, managers, and broader enterprise, and how to effectively convey the value proposition of our products.
Finally, change is the only constant at a growing venture like ours, so as our business evolves, you will be accountable to adjust and adapt the department through those inflection points.
We're Looking For Someone Who
- You have 4+ years of experience managing Enterprise Account Management teams through deals spanning multiple years with large complex customers.
- You have 5+ years of experience as an individual contributor in Account Management with a focus on enterprise customers and SaaS products.
- You have experience working in the capital markets or selling to capital markets, and an understanding of the industry, our customers, and the workflows that drive the business.
- You are passionate about the markets, how information flows through them, and how the various participants drive the industry.
- You have experience working with other leaders as peers, making good trade-offs to solve company-level challenges.
- You have demonstrated success in setting, hitting, and exceeding targets and driving revenue growth.
- You have experience building processes and structures that allow the account management function to scale as the business grows.
- You have exceptional leadership and team-building skills with a focus on driving performance.
- You are able to speak concisely about key metrics like targets and forecasts and provide pointed examples of how these data points informed your actions, and how those actions affected those metrics.
- You have experience designing and iterating compensation models that balance the needs of the function with the needs of the business to drive key outcomes.
- You have experience delivering feedback and performance coaching/reviews to your team.
- You have experience interviewing and hiring A-players within your function.
- You have acted as a champion and advocate for your function, with experience communicating up to executive leadership and the rest of the organization.
- You have built resource and requirement forecasting models for a scaling function, with key assumptions for internal and external variables.
- You are a continual learner, with an established support network and peers that help you continually evolve your craft and approach.
It’s a Bonus If:
- You have sold software to the Sell Side or Buy Side front office before.
- You have experience at a fast-growing technology company in the capital markets.
Street Context is on a mission to build more efficient capital markets. We're developing technology that provides highly scalable sources of customer insights for investment banks, brokerages, and independent research providers. We provide our customers with insights that enable them to pinpoint revenue opportunities, build client intel, and anticipate the needs of the market.
We take ownership of our projects and work together to foster a fun and transparent environment. Our days are spent thinking through complex scenarios and tackling major challenges using innovative technology. We’re agile in our process and responsive to the market, seeking to fundamentally improve an institutional industry. We are a team of experts, joined by outstanding advisors and world-class investors, on a quest to build a superior product and a top-notch company. We work, play, and win as a team. We enjoy spending time with one another and celebrating our accomplishments together.
If you see an opportunity for yourself with us, apply now to continue the conversation and learn more about how you can become part of Street Context.
Street Context is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity and gender expression, receipt of public assistance, record of offences, sex or sexual orientation.
To that end, Street Context is committed to making our recruitment processes as accessible as possible including providing accommodations during the recruitment and hiring process as required. Upon request, Street Context will consult with applicants to provide or arrange for suitable accommodation.