Head of Product
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Street Context is a leader in the email vertical for financial services. We take email, the biggest channel of communication within the financial sector, and provide verticalized insights and workflows in order to help our users better cover their clients and uncover revenue opportunities. Our software is currently used by hundreds of investment banks, sales teams, and research firms around the world. We are fortunate to have many of the world’s most influential banks and brokerages as our customers.
We’re looking for a Head of Product who is passionate about driving a consumer grade user experience to upend the status quo for software within large financial institutions. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the product organization remains focused on our end user, implementing processes, metrics, and best practices to ensure we build towards our product vision in a customer-centric way. As the main channel for information to flow from the sell-side to the buy-side, we are excellently positioned to fundamentally change how information flows in capital markets, and are looking for a Head of Product to help build and iterate on this vision. Successful candidates will be able to take ownership of the high-level roadmap, product vision, key product metrics, and processes for continuous discovery and opportunity mapping.
At Street Context, collaboration is at the heart of our product development. We seek individuals who take ownership of outcomes and effectively leverage the expertise of the entire team. If you are eager to learn, humble, and committed to achieving success as a team, we believe you will thrive in our dynamic environment.
What You'll Do At Street Context
- Set benchmarks for key product workflows across all of our personas, and identify opportunities to invest
- Generate excitement and buy-in internally and externally around our core roadmap
- Design the structure and process of the product and design teams within R&D
- Document and centralize the product vision, including how it ladders up to the organizational vision and the backlog of investments we are considering making to achieve that product vision
- Drive customer-centricity across the organization by consistently getting the team in front of users
- Work with product, design, and engineering to develop customer insights into investment opportunities that further us toward our product vision
We're Looking For Someone Who
- Has at least 8+ years of product management experience building well-crafted and successful features and products
- Has at least 2+ years of experience in people management or leading a team with a focus on people development
- Possesses excellent leadership and communications skills, internally championing and educating the broader company on the product roadmap, comfortable in front of clients explaining our product and understanding their workflows and pain points
- Has successfully validated new product opportunities in a B2B setting
- Is experienced at establishing and maintaining key product metrics to evaluate overall usage as well as the efficacy of particular features and workflows
- Brings a strong understanding of continuous discovery, opportunity mapping, and assumption validation
- Applies strategic thinking around key product choices to enable progress towards the achievement of an overall product vision
- Has experience with capital markets, investment banking, research technology, or a similar customer base
Street Context is on a mission to build more efficient capital markets. We're developing technology that provides highly scalable sources of customer insights for investment banks, brokerages, and independent research providers. We provide our customers with insights that enable them to pinpoint revenue opportunities, build client intel, and anticipate the needs of the market.
We take ownership of our projects and work together to foster a fun and transparent environment. Our days are spent thinking through complex scenarios and tackling major challenges using innovative technology. We’re agile in our process and responsive to the market, seeking to fundamentally improve an institutional industry. We are a team of experts, joined by outstanding advisors and world-class investors, on a quest to build a superior product and a top-notch company. We work, play, and win as a team. We enjoy spending time with one another and celebrate our accomplishments together.
If you see an opportunity for yourself with us, apply now to continue the conversation and learn more about how you can become part of Street Context.
Street Context is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity and gender expression, receipt of public assistance, record of offences, sex or sexual orientation.
To that end, Street Context is committed to making our recruitment processes as accessible as possible including providing accommodations during the recruitment and hiring process as required. Upon request, Street Context will consult with applicants to provide or arrange for suitable accommodation.