Enterprise Account Manager
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
As an Enterprise Account Manager, you are highly specialized in building the strategic relationships that result in the expansion and growth of our largest accounts.
Your job is to work closely with our customers throughout every step of their journey with us to drive the success and continued growth of our business. You are solely responsible for building positive exec relationships and communicating the value of Street Context that will lead to expansion opportunities in the accounts you hold. You carry targets in the form of expansion ARR.
You will work with your peers and manager to identify attractive opportunities at existing firms and develop a prospecting strategy for each of those accounts. As these will be larger accounts you will be developing a multi-faceted approach, leveraging several touch points and strategies.
You will take initiative to create long-term strategies, account plans, and recommendations to exec sponsors. These recommendations will be built using your business acumen, an understanding of the exec sponsors and customers, and an understanding of the value Street Context can provide their organization.
You will act as an advisor and consultant externally, as well as a customer advocate internally at Street Context. This is a cross-functional role that requires collaboration with product, marketing, sales, and client services to bring forward the voice of our customers for the best possible outcomes.
As a foundation, you will need to familiarize yourself and continually update your understanding of the market we operate in, our users' workflows, and how we fit into the broader enterprise on the sell side. Additionally, you’ll become a product expert, understanding how the Street Context offering augments the users, managers, and broader enterprise, and how to effectively convey the value proposition of our products.
- Expanding & Saturating Current Accounts: Develop and communicate goal alignment and achievement with exec sponsors. Negotiate contracts, own the entire renewal process, and have the ability to identify areas for growth and expansion (users, new products/features, etc) and execute on them.
- Building Stakeholder Relationships: Manage and maintain trusted, long-lasting relationships with key accounts, stakeholders and executive sponsors. Build these relationships high and wide within the organization (relationship ROI) and provide quarterly updates on successes, areas of improvement, and next steps (QBRs).
- Acting as Internal Expert on Owned Accounts: Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your accounts. Build account plans that identify a clear path for growth opportunities.
- Collaborating with CSMs to Manage Account Health: Supporting strategic accounts requires a strong team. You will work closely with CSMs to ensure your accounts are in good health and own the overall responsibility of maintaining health.
- Acting as the Voice of Our Customers: Be the internal voice of the customer and create a continuous feedback loop to advocate for our customers' needs. Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed. Have the ability to have difficult conversations with customers (i.e, if SCX chooses not to move forward with a certain feature/functionality) with ease.
- Monitoring & Evaluating Account Health: Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly expansion opportunities and annual forecasts). Prepare reports on account status to communicate to internal leadership. Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Continual education and training: As the Street Context offering and the broader industry evolve, you’ll be responsible for leveraging internal and external resources to continually educate and train yourself, equipping yourself with the knowledge and tools to effectively communicate and sell Street Context.
Your Know How
- You have 5+ years of selling B2B SaaS or software services to enterprise customers with multiple stakeholders and can speak to the strategy, data, and indicators that point to success and failure at an account.
- You have experience working in the capital markets or selling to capital markets, and an understanding of the industry, our customers, and the workflows that drive the business.
- You are passionate about the markets, how information flows through them, and how the various participants drive the industry.
- You have the competitive drive and emotional durability to sustain a high pace of sales activity.
- You have experience building detailed account plans and account strategies for expansion, building and maintaining strong external senior stakeholder relationships and leveraging those relationships to expand the stakeholder network.
- You have experience using data-driven approaches to ensure efficient engagement across a portfolio of customers and accounts.
- You have clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- You are experienced and comfortable delivering presentations to large groups and are able to build consensus amongst groups with strong, sometimes differing opinions.
- You are a goal-oriented individual with a bias to action and a track record of self-starting.
- You are receptive to and integrate feedback into your conduct and professional development goals.
- You have experience negotiating contract terms, including pricing, and managing client expectations.
- You have experience with prospecting, cold approaches, and securing the attention of disinterested and/or distracted prospects.
It's a Bonus If
- You have sold software to the Sell Side or Buy Side front office before.
- You have experience at a fast-growing technology company in the capital markets.
You Can Expect
- To make a constant and direct impact on our platform, our processes, our users, and our team.
- To love your work and its challenges, but also know the company respects your downtime too.
- To always be clear on where the company is headed and how it’s going to get there.
- Competitive cash compensation practices, equity incentives and investments in your professional development
Street Context is on a mission to build more efficient capital markets. We're developing technology that provides highly scalable sources of customer insights for investment banks, brokerages, and independent research providers. We provide our customers with insights that enable them to pinpoint revenue opportunities, build client intel, and anticipate the needs of the market.
We take ownership of our projects and work together to foster a fun and transparent environment. Our days are spent thinking through complex scenarios and tackling major challenges using innovative technology. We’re agile in our process and responsive to the market, seeking to fundamentally improve an institutional industry. We are a team of experts, joined by outstanding advisors and world-class investors, on a quest to build a superior product and a top-notch company. We work, play, and win as a team. We enjoy spending time with one another and celebrating our accomplishments together.
If you see an opportunity for yourself with us, apply now to continue the conversation and learn more about how you can become part of Street Context.
Street Context is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity and gender expression, receipt of public assistance, record of offences, sex, or sexual orientation.
To that end, Street Context is committed to making our recruitment processes as accessible as possible including providing accommodations during the recruitment and hiring process as required. Upon request, Street Context will consult with applicants to provide or arrange for suitable accommodation.