Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
As an Account Manager you are responsible for building strong executive relationships, demonstrating business value to sponsors making purchasing decisions, prospecting your existing book of business, identifying and closing expansion opportunities, and successful renewals of existing contracts.
Your job is to work closely with our customers throughout their journey with us to drive the success and continued growth of our business. You will work to identify attractive opportunities and develop a prospecting strategy for each of your accounts. As these will be larger accounts you will be developing a multi-faceted approach, leveraging several touch points and strategies.
You will take initiative and be proactive. You will be expected to create detailed account plans and regularly share information internally and externally on account progress. You will provide data and recommendations to exec sponsors on a regular basis.
You will act as an advisor and consultant externally, as well as a customer advocate internally at Street Context. This is a cross-functional role that requires collaboration with product, marketing, sales, and client experience to bring forward the voice of our customers for the best possible outcomes.
As a foundation, you will need to familiarize yourself and continually update your understanding of the market we operate in, our users' workflows, and how we fit into the broader enterprise on the sell side. Additionally, you’ll become a product expert, understanding how the Street Context offering augments the users, managers, and broader enterprise experience, and how to effectively convey the value proposition of our products.
You will represent Street Context with utmost professionalism during customer meetings, including phone calls, video conferences and face-to-face meetings which are usually conducted at the client’s offices. This means you can also expect some travel (mostly in New York, but could include other US cities and Western Europe finance centers like London).
Finally, you will be responsible for documenting the sales process and prospecting efforts in our internal systems such as our CRM and Google Docs. You will help our forecasting efforts by regularly updating our lists and CRM activities.
- Pipeline development: As an AM, you will be responsible for owning the prospecting process for green space within your accounts. Your ultimate goal is to find a qualified sponsor that can result in a deal.
- Expanding & Saturating Current Accounts: Leverage current business sponsors to make introductions to business sponsors in new areas within the firm. Negotiate contracts, own the expansion and renewal process, and have the ability to identify areas for growth and expansion (users, new products/features, etc) and execute on them.
- Building Stakeholder Relationships: Build, manage and maintain trusted, long-lasting relationships with accounts, stakeholders and executive sponsors. Build these relationships high and wide within the organization (relationship ROI) and provide monthly and quarterly updates on successes, areas of improvement, and next steps (QBRs).
- Acting as Internal Expert on Owned Accounts: Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your accounts. Build account plans that identify a clear path for growth opportunities. Communicate progress weekly in internal Slack channels, and monthly to external stakeholders.
- Share insights with the Organization: From your conversations and interactions in the field, you will learn a lot about what existing and new clients are looking for from our existing product suite, and our future product roadmap. You will work closely with the engineering and product teams to represent these findings, and advocate for your clients internally.
- Collaborating with CSMs to Manage Account Health: Supporting strategic accounts requires a strong team. You will work closely with CSMs to ensure your accounts are in good health and own the overall responsibility of maintaining relationships.
- Track and Communicate Progress: Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly expansion opportunities, annual forecasts, demos per quarter). Prepare reports on account status to communicate to internal leadership. Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to all stakeholders.
- Continual education and training: As the Street Context offering and the broader industry evolve, you’ll be responsible for leveraging internal and external resources to continually educate and train yourself, equipping yourself with the knowledge and tools to effectively communicate and sell Street Context.
Your Know How
- You are an experienced B2B SaaS or software services Account Manager who can speak to the strategy, data, and indicators that point to success and failure at an account.
- You have several years of experience selling business-facing, subscription-based products to enterprise customers with multiple stakeholders.
- You have several years of experience building detailed account plans and account strategies for expansion, building and maintaining strong external senior stakeholder relationships and leveraging those relationships to expand the stakeholder network.
- You have the competitive drive and emotional durability to sustain a high pace of sales and expansion activity.
- You have clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- You are experienced and comfortable delivering complex presentations to large groups and are able to build consensus amongst groups with strong, sometimes differing opinions.
- You have experience using data-driven approaches to ensure efficient engagement across a portfolio of customers and accounts.
- You are a goal-oriented individual with a bias to action and a track record of self-starting.
- You are receptive to and integrate feedback into your conduct and professional development goals.
- You have experience negotiating contract terms, including pricing, and managing client expectations.
- You have experience with prospecting, cold approaches, and securing the attention of disinterested and/or distracted prospects.
- You have a track record of exceeding expectations while juggling competing priorities.
It's a Bonus If
- You have experience with and an understanding of, the Capital Markets industry, our customers, and the workflow that we affect.
- You have helped grow a SaaS venture targeting enterprise customers.
You Can Expect
- To be included, encouraged, engaged, heard, and recognized for your effort.
- To make a constant and direct impact on our platform, our processes, our users, and our team.
- To love your work and its challenges, but also know the company respects your downtime too.
- To always be clear on where the company is headed and how it’s going to get there.
- Competitive cash compensation practices, equity incentives and investments in your professional development
Street Context is on a mission to build more efficient capital markets. We're developing technology that provides highly scalable sources of customer insights for investment banks, brokerages, and independent research providers. We provide our customers with insights that enable them to pinpoint revenue opportunities, build client intel, and anticipate the needs of the market.
We take ownership of our projects and work together to foster a fun and transparent environment. Our days are spent thinking through complex scenarios and tackling major challenges using innovative technology. We’re agile in our process and responsive to the market, seeking to fundamentally improve an institutional industry. We are a team of experts, joined by outstanding advisors and world-class investors, on a quest to build a superior product and a top-notch company. We work, play, and win as a team. We enjoy spending time with one another and celebrating our accomplishments together.
If you see an opportunity for yourself with us, apply now to continue the conversation and learn more about how you can become part of Street Context.
Street Context is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity and gender expression, receipt of public assistance, record of offences, sex, or sexual orientation.
To that end, Street Context is committed to making our recruitment processes as accessible as possible including providing accommodations during the recruitment and hiring process as required. Upon request, Street Context will consult with applicants to provide or arrange for suitable accommodation.