Engineering Lead/Architect Job Description
Staffy is currently seeking an experienced technologist to lead our engineering strategy and to manage a team of MEAN stack developers.
We are a company that is disrupting the $170bn temporary staffing industry and levelling the playing field for workers. Founded in 2015, we have built a transparent marketplace that connects healthcare and hospitality providers in need of support with frontline workers on a temporary basis. Our mission is to empower the in-demand and on-demand workforce by providing flexible and equitable job opportunities for everyone.
We’re operating on a hybrid basis including in-office and virtual collaboration, so being able to work from our office 2 days a week from our downtown location (325 Front St. W) in Toronto is essential. We firmly believe in an autonomous and empowering work culture, with a work-hard/play-hard methodology. We greatly value diversity and equality and prefer candidates that align with those values.
Who you are
- You should have a strong passion for technical leadership and the desire to build amazing products.
- You will have proven success scaling a product and are able to guide our team through this process with hands-on experience.
- You don’t have a problem in dealing with large code bases and you excel at determining the right time to scale.
What you will be doing
- You will drive the technology strategy and ensure our technical architecture and choices of frameworks and methodologies are right for us now and into the future.
- You will maintain high-quality standards, especially with technology, and foster a culture of long-term thinking and innovation.
- You will act as a mentor within the Engineering team, fostering leadership within the team and helping each of them reach their full potential.
- You will ensure the team is high performing, with a healthy, inclusive, and collaborative culture.
- You will help support and unblock the team in delivering on its goals; you will oversee the technical scoping and planning for the team, and guide team rituals.
- You will provide management, guidance, and direction for the team as well as related engineering broad initiatives.
- You will be the Engineering Leader within the Leadership team and you will be responsible for building the Engineering roadmap and presenting your ideas and concepts to the wider team.
Our Tech Stack
- NodeJS, Express and MongoDB.
- Angular 1 and will be migrating to React.
- Ionic 4, TypeScript, ngRx, RxJS.
- git for version control.
- Production CI and deployment pipelines are set up in AWS.
- API server is an evolving codebase being actively developed for the last 5 years.
If you think that this would be a good fit for you, and you’re excited about joining a dynamic team that moves quickly and needs to consistently deliver an excellent product experience, let us know - we’d love to have you!