Staff Software Engineer - Integrations Services
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
StackAdapt is a self-serve advertising platform that specializes in multi-channel solutions including native, display, video, connected TV, audio, in-game, and digital out-of-home ads. We empower hundreds of digitally-focused companies to deliver outcomes and exceptional campaign performance everyday. StackAdapt was founded with a vision to be more than an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination and creativity.
StackAdapt is the no. 1 performing programmatic advertising platform helping brands accelerate customer engagement and acquisition. This state-of-the-art platform is where some of the most progressive work in machine learning meets cutting-edge user experience.
Ranking the highest in performance by G2 Crowd for the fourth time, we're one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and ranks 6th in Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 ranking and 23rd in Fast 500 in North America.
We're seeking a Staff Software Engineer to help lead our growing backend engineering team. Our real-time advertising bidding system handles over 3,000,000 requests per second and stores several terabytes of data every day. Our technologies include Go, Ruby on Rails, Aerospike, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka, RocksDB, Redshift, ScyllaDB, GraphQL and others. We're not afraid to test and try new technologies.
Watch our talk at Amazon Tech Talks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRqu-a4gPuU
StackAdapt is a Remote First company, we are open to candidates located anywhere in North America for this position.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with a team of engineers to build first-party and third-party data integration with external data sources
- Integrate data into StackAdapt’s Customer Data Platform (CDP)
- Architect scalable low-latency backend systems and data pipelines. Write code as needed to support the team.
- Provide technical leadership in designing scalable solution and best practices
- Make a positive impact on the team's productivity and growth
- Promote software development best-practices and conduct rigorous code reviews
- Rigorously identify and solve technical challenges
We'll be reaching out to applicants that have:
- Adtech experience or Martech experience is an asset
- Proven track record of building scalable pipelines and services
- Experience with working with large data in low-latency environments
- At least 5 years experience of software development in distributed systems, architecting scalable microservices and data pipelines in a successful high-growth technology company
- A strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Up to date knowledge and experience in the latest technologies, tools, and frameworks
- Experience with Go and high performance databases is a plus
- Highly competitive salary
- RRSP/401K matching
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 Culture & Belief day + birthdays off
- Access to a comprehensive mental health care platform
- Full benefits from day one of employment
- Work from home reimbursements
- Optional global WeWork membership for those who want a change from their home office
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Access to StackAdapt programmatic courses and certifications to support continuous learning
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events!
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. No matter who you are, where you are from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (if you’re comfortable, let us know your pronouns), you are welcome at StackAdapt. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process, please let our Talent team know.
We've been recognized for our diverse and supportive workplace, high performing campaigns, award-winning customer service, and innovation. We've been awarded:
2023 Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place to Work®
2023 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work®