Senior Software Engineer, Backend - Developer Experience
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
StackAdapt is a self-serve advertising platform that specializes in multi-channel solutions including native, display, video, connected TV, audio, in-game, and digital out-of-home ads. We empower hundreds of digitally-focused companies to deliver outcomes and exceptional campaign performance everyday. StackAdapt was founded with a vision to be more than an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination and creativity.
StackAdapt is the no. 1 performing programmatic advertising platform helping brands accelerate customer engagement and acquisition. This state-of-the-art platform is where some of the most progressive work in machine learning meets cutting-edge user experience.
Ranking the highest in performance by G2 Crowd for the fourth time, we're one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and ranks 6th in Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 ranking and 23rd in Fast 500 in North America.
The Developer Experience (DX) Team at StackAdapt creates the tools, practices, and processes that establish a frictionless and efficient environment for engineers. This emphasis on reducing friction and pain points throughout the development life cycle is key to accelerating development cycles, improving software quality, and ultimately boosting both productivity and developer satisfaction. Some of what the DX Team works on includes build workflows, development environment tooling, automated deployments, and team collaboration tools.
Watch our talk at Amazon Tech Talks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRqu-a4gPuU
StackAdapt is a Remote First company, we are open to candidates located anywhere in North America for this position.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Proactively identify and support optimizations and improvements to software development and engineering productivity and experience.
- Research, propose, and integrate tools and frameworks that improve the development workflow. This includes setting up efficient build systems, advanced tooling, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Always looking for areas that can help boost engineering productivity and satisfaction, be it by providing tooling or automation to get rid of manual tasks or implementing continuous deployment.
- Find solutions to optimize bottle-necks and general system wide performance. Always on the lookout to keep the tech stack updated with current standards.
- Take part in technical planning and architectural decision-making.
- Collaborate with team members on designing scalable, well tested, and well documented web architecture, including APIs and backend systems.
- Be able to take responsibility and ownership of projects from start to finish.
- Contribute to code reviews and technical spec reviews.
What You'll Bring To The Table:
- Have at least 2+ years of experience working on developer experience related projects.
- Have at least 2+ years of experience building scalable backend systems.
- Strong understanding of scalable system design for web-based APIs and backend processing systems.
- Strong problem solving skills in data structures, algorithms, and code optimization.
- Experience implementing alerting and monitoring systems to monitor overall system health and identify areas for improvement.
- Experience setting up different deployment strategies and database migration strategies for high availability services with 0 down time.
- Basic knowledge on AWS or other equivalent cloud platforms (GCP, Azure, etc.).
- Working knowledge of containerization technologies, including Kubernetes and Docker, is a strong plus.
- Competitive salary + equity
- RRSP matching
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 Culture & Belief day + birthdays off
- Access to a comprehensive mental health care platform
- Full benefits from day one of employment
- Work from home reimbursements
- Optional global WeWork membership for those who want a change from their home office
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Access to StackAdapt programmatic courses and certifications to support continuous learning
- Mentorship opportunities with industry leaders
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events!
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. No matter who you are, where you are from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (if you’re comfortable, let us know your pronouns), you are welcome at StackAdapt. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process, please let our Talent team know.
We've been recognized for our diverse and supportive workplace, high performing campaigns, award-winning customer service, and innovation. We've been awarded:
2023 Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place to Work®
2023 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work®