Senior Product Designer
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
StackAdapt is a self-serve advertising platform that specializes in multi-channel solutions including native, display, video, connected TV, audio, in-game, and digital out-of-home ads. We empower hundreds of digitally-focused companies to deliver outcomes and exceptional campaign performance everyday. StackAdapt was founded with a vision to be more than an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination and creativity.
As a Senior Product Designer at StackAdapt, you will be designing products that help our customers thrive. You’ll work collaboratively with Product Managers, Engineers, and other StackAdapters to research, design, launch, and iterate on delightful and valuable solutions for our users. You've delivered sleek, lovable, successful digital products before - and have a positive and resilient attitude that thrives in a fast-paced, creative, and self-driven environment. You also have a bias for informed, aligned, action that ensures we build the right thing for our customers.
Today, our customers rave about StackAdapt’s industry-leading user experience, simplicity, and ease of use - all while enabling complex workflows to help people get their job done faster. We take pride in this, and strive to maintain our lead!
StackAdapt is a remote-first company, we are open to candidates located anywhere in North America for this position.
What you'll be doing:
- Solve complex user problems with well-thought-out, delightful solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive design and product vision and strategy; focussing primarily on one area of our platform, with potential opportunities to work across multiple areas.
- Conduct user research to understand our users' needs, translate them into strong user experiences, and evaluate the effectiveness of the design; continually test, iterate, and improve on your work to ensure we put our best foot forward.
- Visualize ideas and concepts in order to communicate them effectively to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Produce journey maps, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and other collateral as needed to drive our product development efforts.
- Become an expert in ad-tech and programmatic media buying, understanding the competitive landscape, the evolving market needs, and how those things relate to StackAdapt's product offering.
- Share your work early and often.
- Provide design feedback to, and potentially mentor and coach, other Product Designers across the team.
What you'll bring to the table:
- 4+ years of end-to-end experience as a Product Designer (visual, interaction, research, and everything in between).
- A portfolio demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of user problems, the ability to create elegant and effortless solutions out of complexity, as well as your storytelling skills; from low-fidelity sketches through to the outcomes you achieved.
- An in-depth understanding of design thinking, usability heuristics, inclusive design, design systems, and visual design skills (information design, typography, colour, etc.).
- Your communication is crisp, clear, and effective both in written and verbal formats - and you always know your audience; you've delivered complex software designs before and can speak to their successes.
- Empathy for all stakeholders, but you have no problem tactfully defending your design decisions and processes; you embrace feedback from your team with a desire to continuously improve your craft.
- Proficient in modern product design tools.
- Knowledge of programming technologies.
- Experience with product analytics tools such as Pendo and Fullstory is considered an asset.
- Competitive salary
- 401k/RRSP matching
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 Culture & Belief day + birthdays off
- Access to a comprehensive mental health care platform
- Full benefits from day one of employment
- Work-from-home reimbursements
- Optional global WeWork membership for those who want a change from their home office
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Access to StackAdapt programmatic courses and certifications to support continuous learning
- Mentorship opportunities with industry leaders
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events!
If this role speaks to you then please submit an application - we'd love to speak with you. Due to a high volume of interest, only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. No matter who you are, where you are from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (if you’re comfortable, let us know your pronouns), you are welcome at StackAdapt. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process, please let our Talent team know.
We've been recognized for our diverse and supportive workplace, high performing campaigns, award-winning customer service, and innovation. We've been awarded:
2023 Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place to Work®
2023 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work®