Lead Engineer - API & Integrations
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
StackAdapt is a self-serve advertising platform that specializes in multi-channel solutions including native, display, video, connected TV, audio, in-game, and digital out-of-home ads. We empower hundreds of digitally-focused companies to deliver outcomes and exceptional campaign performance everyday. StackAdapt was founded with a vision to be more than an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination and creativity.
StackAdapt is the #1 performing native advertising platform helping brands accelerate customer engagement and acquisition. This state-of-the-art platform is where some of the most progressive work in machine learning meets cutting-edge user experience.
Ranking the highest in performance by G2 Crowd for the fourth time, we're one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and ranks 6th in Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 ranking and 23rd in Fast 500 in North America.
We're seeking a technical lead engineer to help lead our growing full-stack engineering team. The digital advertising industry is riddled with interesting challenges as we continue to scale out our platform with a fast growing list of customers. Our technologies include Ruby on Rails, Go, React, GraphQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Amazon Redshift, and others.
Watch our talk at Amazon Tech Talks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRqu-a4gPuU
About the team:
We work closely with our strategic partnerships team to build our developer platform which includes our ecosystem of GQL APIs, SDKs, developer docs, app marketplace and first party integrations such as HubSpot, Shopify and Segment.
What you'll be doing
- Leading a team that builds out our developer ecosystem of GQL APIs & SDKs to help customers integrate ad tech capabilities into their platforms
- Mentor teams of talented engineers within full-stack web engineering
- Promote software development best-practices and conduct rigorous code reviews
- Plan ahead and architect scalable web APIs, component library and backend systems
- Rigorously identify and solve technical challenges
- Write code as needed, such as those involving issue resolution and low-effort high-impact items
- Work closely with Product Managers and Designers to ensure requirements and priorities align
- Conduct interviews to attract and identify potential high performing candidates
- Balance and prioritize projects to maximize efficiency and ensure company objectives are achieved
We'll be reaching out to applicants that have
- Proven track record of delivering results and leading growing, high-impact teams
- At least 5 years experience of software development in web technologies and architecting scalable systems in a successful high-growth technology company
- Experience with at least 3 direct reports in a leadership roleYou have in-depth experience with Typescript, GraphQL, NodeJS
- Experience scaling a Ruby on Rails backend architecture is a plus
- Prior experience building & scaling developer documentation platforms is a plus
- A strong understanding of computer science fundamentals (we have not forgotten our basics!) - data structures, system design, cloud computing, full-stack development etc.
- Passion to build a positive and fun engineering culture
- Competitive salary + equity
- RRSP matching
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 Culture & Belief day + birthdays off
- Access to a comprehensive mental health care platformFull benefits from day one of employment
- Work from home reimbursements
- Optional global WeWork membership for those who want a change from their home office
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Access to StackAdapt programmatic courses and certifications to support continuous learning
- Mentorship opportunities with industry leaders
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events!
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. No matter who you are, where you are from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (if you’re comfortable, let us know your pronouns), you are welcome at StackAdapt. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process, please let our Talent team know.
We've been recognized for our diverse and supportive workplace, high performing campaigns, award-winning customer service, and innovation. We've been awarded:
2023 Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place to Work®
2023 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work®