Director of Sales, Emerging Verticals
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
StackAdapt is a self-serve advertising platform that specializes in multi-channel solutions including native, display, video, connected TV, audio, in-game, and digital out-of-home ads. We empower hundreds of digitally-focused companies to deliver outcomes and exceptional campaign performance everyday. StackAdapt was founded with a vision to be more than an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination and creativity.
The Director of Sales, Emerging Verticals will be responsible for driving our focus on vertical specific sales opportunities. Reporting to the VP of Global Enterprise Sales, this role will identify strategic vertical opportunities within the programmatic space and work to build a go-to market and sales motions across each initiative. The role requires a deep understanding of the programmatic ecosystem, strong relationships with enterprise brands to unlock feedback and exceptional story-telling abilities.
StackAdapt is a Remote First company. For this role, we’re specifically looking for individuals with relationships at some of the major holding company agencies and leading advertising brands in the United States.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders in devising a strategy to attack new verticals; including product ideation, GTM development, sales enablement, and marketing
- Selling through vertical specific solutions to enterprise brands and agencies
- Hire and train a team of vertical driven sellers calling on enterprise brands, and operate as player-coach to sell to key accounts
- Meet with customers and partners in order to evaluate market needs, keep up to speed on trends, and conduct real-time customer feedback loops
- Partner closely with Client Services peers to ensure the teams build a world-class customer operating model to service the Emerging Verticals
- Design, communicate, and execute against a sales strategy that motivates the team to effectively operate in a fast paced, high growth environment, and hit their quotas. This includes driving operational rigor of the business including forecast and pipeline development, joint business plans, and business case analysis as we go after new opportunities
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 10+ years experience working in advertising sales, business development or strategy within the digital advertising ecosystem
- Existing, strong relationships with decision-makers at hold-co advertising agencies and large brands
- Ability to foster relationships internally across product, engineering and sales, as well as with key customer decision makers and industry leaders
- A deep understand of the programmatic ecosystem and DSP dynamics
- Strong communication and presentation building skills
- Curious and eager to learn
- Highly competitive salary + commission structure
- RRSP/401K matching
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 Culture & Belief day + birthdays off
- Access to a comprehensive mental health care platform
- Health benefits from day one of employment
- Work from home reimbursements
- Optional global WeWork membership for those who want a change from their home office
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Access to StackAdapt programmatic courses and certifications to support continuous learning
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events!
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. No matter who you are, where you are from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (if you’re comfortable, let us know your pronouns), you are welcome at StackAdapt. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process, please let our Talent team know.
We've been recognized for our diverse and supportive workplace, high performing campaigns, award-winning customer service, and innovation. We've been awarded:
2023 Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place to Work®
2023 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work®