Director, Project Management Office (PMO), IT & Operations
Administration, IT, Operations
Posted on Saturday, October 7, 2023
StackAdapt is a self-serve advertising platform that specializes in multi-channel solutions including native, display, video, connected TV, audio, in-game, and digital out-of-home ads. We empower hundreds of digitally-focused companies to deliver outcomes and exceptional campaign performance everyday. StackAdapt was founded with a vision to be more than an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination and creativity.
We are looking for an experienced individual to join our team as Director, Project Management Office (PMO), IT & Operations. Reporting to the SVP, Corporate IT & Operations, this will be a new leadership role in StackAdapt’s growing organization to lead a team of strategic Business Analysts and Project Managers and manage a center of innovation and excellence out of which major enterprise-wide projects will be managed. This role will be a strategic business partner with StackAdapt’s cross-functional business leaders to plan and deliver game-changing projects that align with executive OKRs.
This role will lead a PMO to proactively identify opportunities to optimize people, process and technology and define an innovation-focused PMO Roadmap. You’ll help shape the direction of StackAdapt’s investments to drive productivity, scale, and exponential growth initiatives across business and IT operations.
You’ll lead a strong group of PMO resources to assess the business, design a future state vision, and execute projects that deliver continuous value with and for our stakeholders. This role will build a PMO Governance model, cross-dept Steering Committee, and Change Management structure to ensure prioritization, alignment, and accountability for an outcomes-based vision for growth
StackAdapt is a remote-first company. We are open to candidates located anywhere in Canada for this position and encourage those from all backgrounds to apply.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead and coach a strong team of Business Analysts and Project Managers and their performance and career development.
- Lead PMO’s evaluation of business processes, roles, and IT Saas systems in operational areas such as customer journey, lead-to-cash, back-office, etc in order to envision optimized future design solutions.
- Maintain a rolling PMO Roadmap, intake process, and PMO Governance/SteerCo model to ensure cross-department prioritization of projects.
- Coordinate OKRs across corporate stakeholders (Marketing, Revenue, Client Services, Finance, Product, et al) to align with strategic objectives.
- Facilitate a Change Management and continuous improvement model that elicits iterative change across the enterprise while minimizing disruption to in-flight business.
- Provide Project Management best practices and oversee project lifecycles from inception to requirements, design, build, test, train, deploy, and hand-off to proper teams for ongoing support.
- Partner with Procurement to drive RFPs, negotiate vendor agreements, and manage vendor partnerships.
- Ensure creation of substantive business cases/ROI that defines total costs of ownership, funding sources, and ROI for budgeting.
- Assists depts with KPIs to measure and create predictability for forecasting their org model changes, headcount planning, and cost savings.
- Provide regular updates and feedback to executive management and stakeholders on strategic vision and progress to ensure visibility, sponsorship and alignment.
- Lead PMO to be one-step ahead of the business by identifying and mitigating risks, defining escalation paths, and driving project success.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Administration, International business, Management, or a related field.
- Experience leading PMO direct reports, fostering an inspiring, collaborative environment with an open communication culture, and motivating with constructive feedback.
- Thorough understanding of PMO Methodologies (e.g., SDLC, LEAN, or Agile), tools, Business Processes, and Business Case Analysis.
- Experience in cloud-based Saas systems and integration tools (e.g., Salesforce, BambooHR, Sage, Netsuite, Workday, Workato, ThoughtSpot).
- Experience across a broad range business and technical environments in an internal or consultant role and must possess strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated experience in IT cost center budgets (cap vs expense) and forecasting.
- Proven experience developing and executing strategic plans and leading operational excellence initiatives that fulfill exec OKRs.
- Curious, continually challenging the status quo, and able to explore what should change to best meet evolving business needs in an accelerated environment.
- Strong executive presence with communication and facilitation skills that foster collaboration, unify stakeholders, and advocate for positive change.
- Ability to “see the big picture” and bring structure and clarity to ambiguous situations.
- Any of these certifications are a big bonus: Project Management Professional (PMP), Six Sigma, Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP)
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 Culture & Belief day + birthdays off
- Access to a comprehensive mental health care platform
- Health benefits from day one of employment
- Work from home reimbursements
- Optional global WeWork membership for those who want a change from their home office
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Access to StackAdapt programmatic courses and certifications to support continuous learning
- Mentorship opportunities with industry leaders
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events!
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. No matter who you are, where you are from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (if you’re comfortable, let us know your pronouns), you are welcome at StackAdapt. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process, please let our Talent team know.
We've been recognized for our diverse and supportive workplace, high performing campaigns, award-winning customer service, and innovation. We've been awarded:
2023 Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place to Work®
2023 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work®