Senior Full Stack Engineer - Marketing Automation
Marketing & Communications, Software Engineering
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2023
StackAdapt is a self-serve advertising platform that specializes in multi-channel solutions including native, display, video, connected TV, audio, in-game, and digital out-of-home ads. We empower hundreds of digitally-focused companies to deliver outcomes and exceptional campaign performance everyday. StackAdapt was founded with a vision to be more than an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination and creativity.
About the company:
StackAdapt is the #1 performing programmatic advertising platform helping brands accelerate customer engagement and acquisition. This state-of-the-art platform is where some of the most progressive work in machine learning meets cutting-edge user experience.
Ranking the highest in performance by G2 Crowd for the fourth time, we're one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and ranks 6th in Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 ranking and 23rd in Fast 500 in North America.
Engineering at StackAdapt:
As an Engineer at StackAdapt, you will be directly involved in the development of our advertising platform, producing production level code that will have a direct impact on the success of our product. You will work with large data sets and have exposure to modern tech stacks such as GoLang, Ruby on Rails, React, GraphQL and more. StackAdapt’s engineering organization believes in working collaboratively and cross functionally. You will get the opportunity to work in a diverse and flexible culture with dedicated career paths to help you succeed.
About the Team:
The Marketing Automation Team is a new team responsible for building new marketing automation capabilities. This includes campaign editors, email automation services, audiences and reporting. This is an exciting new area for StackAdapt as we expand our product offering to become a more full-service marketing technology company. StackAdapt is a Remote First company, we are open to candidates located anywhere in North America for this position.
Watch our talk at Amazon Tech Talks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRqu-a4gPuU
What You'll Be Doing
- Be a significant individual contributor and key asset in delivering critical projects that ultimately bring value to our customers
- Mentor the team and lead by example to uphold software development best-practices in addition to conducting rigorous code and tech spec reviews
- Plays a key role in consistently advising the team on pragmatic technical approaches to problems that encourage engineering excellence and developer happiness
- Plans ahead by strategically architecting scalable web APIs, component libraries and backend systems that serve the team roadmap goals
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other senior engineers across the organization to identify and solve technical challenges that drive impact across teams
- Advise teams on technical debt consolidation in ways that efficiently service our business needsIdentify bottle-necks and general system wide performance issues and offer actionable solutions to address them
- Conduct technical interviews to attract and identify potential high performing candidates
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- 3+ years of experience building highly performant web applications with outstanding UX.
- Prior experience in email marketing automation or ad tech is an asset
- Extensive experience writing code with unit tests and end-to-end tests
- Experience collaborating closely with Product & Design to design, implement and iterate on high impact end-to-end product experiences.
- Experience working with relational databases and key-value stores
- Experience analyzing, benchmarking and optimizing web application performance across the entire stack.
- An appetite for unpacking complexity and simplifying it wherever possible
- Competitive salary + equity
- RRSP matching
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 Culture & Belief day + birthdays off
- Access to a comprehensive mental health care platformFull benefits from day one of employment
- Work from home reimbursements
- Optional global WeWork membership for those who want a change from their home office
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Access to StackAdapt programmatic courses and certifications to support continuous learning
- Mentorship opportunities with industry leaders
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events!
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. No matter who you are, where you are from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (if you’re comfortable, let us know your pronouns), you are welcome at StackAdapt. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process, please let our Talent team know.
We've been recognized for our diverse and supportive workplace, high performing campaigns, award-winning customer service, and innovation. We've been awarded:
2023 Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place to Work®
2023 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work®