Director of Architecture
Director of Architecture
Freestar engineers cutting-edge monetization solutions for websites. By combining industry-leading technology, data, and massive scale, we enable busy site owners to seamlessly maximize revenue while freeing themselves of the hassles of ad operations. Publishers then have more time to do what they do best: create content.
Freestar is seeking an experienced, hands-on technical leader to drive efficient, scalable solutions across our engineering organization. The Director of Architecture will support and oversee several areas including infrastructure and architecture. This position will have direct influence over data, cloud, and application architecture. This role is well suited for candidates with deep hands-on experience and a bias towards lean, fast paced innovation. This position is full time, fully remote, and reports into the SVP, Engineering.
- Establish a technical vision for best practices across infrastructure, platform, and architecture (IPA)
- Promote self-service within engineering teams by providing consultation and tools to facilitate product team goals
- Advocate for IPA initiatives and serve as a thought leader both within and outside of the organization
- Champion Agile methodologies and modern practices across relevant areas such as: CI/CD, TDD, IaC, observability, data management & privacy, DR (HA), SecOps, and DDD
- Maintain an IPA roadmap, setting and achieving goals to improve our ability to innovate
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to teams regarding best practices and in support of technical design decisions
- Promote secure practices in every technical design decision and engineering process
- Develop and maintain a strategy for data architecture across the enterprise, in consultation with business and technical stakeholders throughout the organization
- Ensure GCP cloud infrastructure is managed in a cost-efficient manner, prioritizing service reliability and efficiency
- Assess and manage technical risks with focus on maintainability, reliability, and security
- Contribute to the technical culture of the organization by promoting and participating in the tech blog, tech talks, and by mentoring engineers
- Model innovation and experimentation, emphasizing a lean, iterative approach to solution design
- 4+ years experience in a technical leadership position working closely with remote teams
- Proven ability to drive technical initiatives forward using influence, persuasion, as well as hands-on solution development
- Ability to communicate and set expectations both within the team and with stakeholders across the business
- Curiosity to learn new technologies and eagerness to face novel challenges on a regular basis
- A degree in computer science or related field is preferred
What you can expect in return:
- Full-Time, Salaried Position
- Fully remote company, with collaborative asynchronous teamwork.
- The opportunity to be part of something BIG
Freestar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship