People Operations Manager (Business Partner) - Remote, EST
People Operations Manager (Business Partner) – Remote, EST
Freestar engineers cutting-edge monetization solutions for websites. By combining industry-leading technology, data, and massive scale, we enable busy site owners to seamlessly maximize revenue while freeing themselves of the hassles of ad operations. Publishers then have more time to do what they do best: create content.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, our People Operations Manager will assist Freestar in a variety of functions within the People Operations department. In this role, you will work with managers as a business partner and liaison to the People Operations department, assisting in optimizing and strategizing regarding internal teams. You will recruit and hire for certain roles as needed, in addition to working on a variety of People Operations initiatives related to employee engagement, onboarding, and performance management. Our ideal candidate is highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, keeping a people focused perspective and a collaborative, positive attitude. This is a remote role, but the ideal candidate will be based in Eastern Standard Time (EST) to accommodate our team members in EMEA, LATAM, and the US.
- Supports people managers as a business partner and the main point of contact for any People Ops related matters. Elevates the skill set of the managers by advising, coaching, and challenging.
- Assists people managers in full cycle performance management including goal setting, performance reviews, celebrations, and performance improvement plans.
- Supports current engagement programs and proactively recommends and helps implement new programs.
- Supports the team in writing job descriptions, discussing ideal candidate profiles, and identifying an effective recruitment process. Executes effective full cycle recruitment for key roles as needed.
- Point of contact for employee questions - answering communications when possible; referring special communications to appropriate person when needed
- 3-5 years experience preferred in People Operations, specifically working as a business partner, with some recruiting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to operate with integrity and maintain employee confidentiality
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
We’d also like to see:
- Strong interpersonal abilities. High EQ with the ability to read situations and people
- Positive, collaborative attitude with a tendency to constantly improve
- Professional confidence - able to gain the trust and confidence of individuals at a variety of levels across the organization; effective at influencing, facilitating, and problem solving
- Strong knowledge of employment law and HR best practices
- Friendly and professional demeanor balanced with empathy and a people first attitude
What you can expect in return:
- Full-Time, Salaried Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- The opportunity to be part of something BIG
Freestar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship