Engineering Manager - Remote, UK, EMEA
Location: Remote (US, CA, UK)
Freestar engineer teams develop cutting-edge monetization solutions for websites and mobile apps. By combining industry-leading technology, data, and massive scale, we enable busy site owners and mobile app publishers to seamlessly maximize revenue while freeing themselves of the hassles of ad operations. Publishers have more time to do what they do best: create content and focus on their apps.
As an Engineering Manager at Freestar, you will lead a team of highly skilled engineers in designing, developing, and maintaining a cutting-edge ad tech platform. Our platform delivers ads to globally dispersed users across different channels and devices. You will ensure the platform is scalable, reliable, and high-performing.
Your primary role will be to manage and lead your team of engineers, providing guidance, support, and resources required to succeed. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining project plans and timelines, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget. You will work closely with the Executives, product managers, and other stakeholders to define and prioritize features and requirements.
You will steer the adoption of best practices in software development, including agile methodologies, test-driven development, and continuous integration and deployment. You will mentor and develop top talent, fostering our excellence and continuous learning culture.
You will be a key player in driving the success of our initiatives, and you will have the opportunity to work with a talented and dynamic team in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
- Manage and lead a team of engineers responsible for developing and maintaining our ad tech platform.
- Collaborate with the product management team to identify and prioritize ad tech features and requirements.
- Develop and maintain project plans and timelines, ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Drive the adoption of best practices in software development, including agile methodologies, test-driven development, and continuous integration and deployment.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop top talent, fostering a culture of excellence and continuous learning.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product management, data science, and operations, to ensure the success of our ad tech initiatives.
- Manage technical debt and ensure the team consistently delivers high-quality, maintainable code.
- Develop and maintain relationships with third-party partners and vendors as needed.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and technologies, and identify opportunities for innovation and improvement.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in leading teams of various sizes
- 10+ years of experience in a technical role with proven comfort in software development, data engineering, front or back end web development, or proprietary system creation
- Solid background utilizing Agile development techniques
- Extensive experience with cloud computing, including hands-on familiarity with one of the major cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
- Experience communicating and translating both upward to senior management and downward into the engineering team
- Demonstrated ability to direct the work and manage the performance of a fully remote, global team
We’d also like to see:
- Experience in the ad tech industry working with supply/demand side services
- Internal motivation with a strong sense of urgency to drive projects to completion
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to navigate multiple competing priorities
- Professional maturity, aptitude, and confidence
- Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, with the ability to lead by influence and example
- Executive experience in a start-up company is a plus
What you can expect in return:
- Full-Time, Salaried Position
- Fully remote company, with collaborative asynchronous teamwork.
- The opportunity to be part of something BIG
Freestar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship