Senior Director, Revenue Management Operations & Forecasting
Sonder (Nasdaq: SOND) is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in 40+ cities spanning 10 countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
The Revenue Management team is uniquely positioned to drive Sonder’s success and profitability. The team creates and implements data-driven revenue strategies to optimize business performance, and is responsible for ongoing management of pricing and inventory.
Our approach to Revenue Management at Sonder is different from what you’ll find in many traditional hospitality roles, and the company places a premium on the impact of this team. If you’re looking for a high visibility, high impact role that emphasizes rigorous data-led decisions, solving problems from 0-1, and a high bar for operational excellence, this role may be right for you!
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Be responsible for driving strong RevPAR results (i.e. growing revenue compared to comps)
- Define, operationalize and oversee the pricing and revenue strategies for all Sonder markets, property types, and customer segments
- Lead and develop a team of 2 leaders, who each oversee teams of portfolio revenue managers, and a Senior Analyst, Revenue Strategy, Performance & Forecasting
- Design and lead cross-functional projects that unlock new revenue capabilities, including new customer segments (ie. Sales), new features (ie. Upgrades/Overbooking), and new ancillary (non-room) revenue streams
- Manage global deployment of the RM Ops team to maximize efficiency
- Conduct oversight to ensure accurate bi-weekly, quarterly and annual revenue forecasts for the entire company, in coordination with the Finance team
- Define and drive delivery of performance targets
- Communicate performance results to executive leadership, including disaggregation of drivers
- Organize and coordinate your team’s operating model to maximize revenue impact, in line with Sonder’s RM model of operational excellence
- Develop the framework and lead the analysis that informs tactical pricing, lever utilization, and revenue decisions
- Partner with stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, and Operations to drive market-level revenue performance
- Design and implement pricing experiments and initiatives
- Create and deliver presentation materials which communicate results to key stakeholders
- Co-develop solutions and enhancements with Engineering and Product teams in developing in-house, revenue management software
- Hire and onboard new Managers, RM Operations
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree with 10+ years experience in a quantitative, strategy, or consulting role
- 5+ years experience team management and development
- Top performer in the Revenue Management discipline or expert in hospitality
- Passion for driving business impact and leading high performing teams
- Experience in leading cross-functional projects end-to-end
- Creative thinker who devises novel approaches to problem solving
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills
- Elite analytical skills, including a demonstrated ability in analyzing and presenting data, using Excel/Sheets, SQL, Tableau, R, Python, or related software
- Fluency in data science techniques and application of statistics to solve problems is strongly preferred
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.