Housekeeping Support Agent
Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
Considering Sonder’s global expansion plans, there will be opportunities for extraordinary personal and professional growth for the right candidate.
We are looking for honest, reliable, and hard-working housekeeping support agents to keep Sonder running smoothly! We rely on our houseperson to support the housekeeping staff, so they are fully supplied and can work efficiently. This ensures that each guest’s experience is of the highest quality!
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Maintain housekeeping consumable supplies, linen, and terry
- Prepare kits, sort and inventory housekeeping supplies
- Deliver linen and consumable kits to guest units or storage areas distributed throughout the city
- Retrieve soiled linen from guest units or storage areas
- Stock and organize distributed storage areas throughout the city
- Perform basic maintenance tasks as needed on a daily basis such as but not limited to: light bulb changes, snake drains, replace batteries (door locks, tv remotes, thermostats), furniture checks, air & water filter changes and paint touch ups
- Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair
- Perform deep cleaning tasks such as but not limited to: moving of furniture, flipping mattresses and high dusting
- Ensure lobbies, office spaces, guest hallways, fitness centers, elevators, public restrooms, parking garages, stairwells, loading docks and the back of the house areas are cleaned according to Sonder standards
- Conduct special projects or assignments
- Use mobile smartphone/applications/technology to communicate with the team and report progress
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- A professional with a positive attitude, who has the ability to work effectively both in a team environment as well as independently
- Previous housekeeping or inventory management experience preferred
- Openness to learn and use new technology, specifically mobile applications, to streamline job processes and communicate work progress
- Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, and bend
- Flexible schedule and open to working evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift/carry items up to 50 pounds and stand/walk for extended periods of time
- This role requires reliable transportation and willingness to travel between properties on a daily basis when working. (Reliable transportation includes biking, walking, public transportation, scooter and/or other forms of transit that provide reasonable work associated transit times between locations)
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.