Key Account Director (Central)
Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in 40+ cities spanning 10 countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
The Key Accounts Director, Central oversees the largest customers and key segments within Sonder. This role is responsible for planning & executing projects, team oversight (potential for direct reports), and managing/maintaining budgets to reach their goals. This experienced seller knows how to proactively nurture relationships and has a tactical approach to drive overall revenue and relationships internally & externally. This role will ensure that Sonder is positioned as a preferred partner to our key accounts.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Leverage your experience and network to identify prospects that are an optimal fit for Sonder in order to increase revenue in the government/military segment.
- Strengthen relationships with accounts/partners and collaborate to identify ways Sonder can better engage to increase revenue and shift market share.
- Increase revenue contribution and market share for accounts.
- Negotiate contract terms with accounts to create mutually beneficial agreements.
- Develop and implement marketing plans to drive performance as well as streamline marketing to ensure consistent messaging and call to action to improve sales performance.
- Develop and nurture relationships via face to face and continuous communication. This includes, but is not limited to, personal visits, entertainment, industry events, trade shows and client site inspections.
- Work closely with partner teams such as Sales Operations & Strategy and Revenue Management to ensure that managed accounts’ needs are met from a booking perspective.
- Ability to be flexible, multitask, and forward thinking in a fast paced environment.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Minimum 5 years successfully driving sales, and nurturing existing clients, in a growing service-based organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Hospitality, or related field; or an equivalent combination training, education, and experience
- Global or regional experience in the government/military and government contractors segment is a must.
- Proven success as a trail-blazer, incredible ability and passion for building something new in a growing organization; proven success in building a ‘sales playbook’ from the ground up.
- Self motivated individual, with business acumen to lead independently.
- Proven success in driving an organization’s revenue through proactively targeting, negotiating with, and securing new productive partnerships and business.
- Thorough understanding of hospitality sales process. Understanding of hospitality reservations, rate quoting, and distribution processes is very beneficial.
- Incredible balance of left & right brain; extremely organized and extremely communicative.
- Solid financial acumen; understands how the team’s goals support the organization’s financial goals.
- Passion, positivity, and an ability to flex with a growing organization!
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.