Live Chat Representative
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
In a world of beeps and clicks, Smile reminds us there is a human on the other side of every screen. Smile is the largest provider of loyalty programs in the world. We currently power over 60,000 rewards programs, reaching more than 500 million customers. Right now we’re working on expanding our product to support the massive growth of e-commerce.
Above all, we strive to make people happy - from the merchant to their consumer, to our team. The Smile team is globally distributed with employees in Canada, the USA, South America, EMEA, and APAC. We've been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" in Canada and look forward to expanding this on a global scale. As a business, we are in constant evolution and the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth. We talk about our career & personal goals and lean into the diversity within our people for mentorship, tools, and encouragement to grow.
About the Role: As part of the Merchant Success team, the Live Chat Representative is the first point of contact for both prospective and tenured merchants running their loyalty programs with Smile. You will be expected to quickly handle a high volume of conversations, triaging those conversations to determine if you can help yourself, or if you need to smoothly escalate the conversation to another Smile support team.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the first point of contact for both current and prospective Smile merchants, handling a high volume of conversations with accuracy.
- Help prospective merchants articulate the value of Smile.
- Ability to delegate escalations effectively through concise internal communication.
- Build trust, empathize, and delight merchants by setting the standard for what exceptional support looks like.
- Contributions to Live Chat team initiatives (Internal SOPs, Knowledge Management, etc.)
What you’ll help us achieve:
- 5-star Shopify app store generation, meeting or exceeding individual target quota. This is crucial for this role.
- A team Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) score of 90% or better.
- Internal efficiency. Live Chat acts as a ‘gatekeeper’ and this must be done effectively to avoid reassignments to inaccurate teams.
- Clean internal conversation flow that fosters a positive merchant experience and sentiment.
- Based in/able to work 9-5pm EST (+/- an hour) Monday to Friday.
- High level of empathy.
- Competency in a digital environment. We use tools like Notion, Slack, Google Sheets, Metabase, etc. You don’t have to know how to use all of these tools when you apply, but you must have a mindset that is fairly adept at learning new technologies.
- Knowledge of the e-commerce industry/desire to learn and keep up with industry trends.
- Ability to multitask and handle a high volume of conversations.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS (or any coding language) and using web inspector.
- Openness to being coached.
- Team-oriented mindset.
- Able to operate independently in a remote environment while maintaining focus.
Bonus if you have:
- Service Industry experience: not a requirement by any means, but if you may be lacking in technical experience, you are not ruled out before you even apply. Applicants who come from the service industry, and who can understand technology fairly well, have been proven to be strong assets to the team here at Smile.
- Experience with Intercom and/or working in a similar role in a prior job.
- Experience working remotely.
- E-commerce experience, whether that be working in the industry, or running your own store.
Our commitment to candidates:
At Smile, we understand that finding a new role is challenging and that self-doubt or imposter syndrome can prevent you from applying to a role, don’t let it! You have a ton to offer and we want you to feel encouraged to apply, even if you don’t check all of the boxes. If you are passionate about eCommerce and helping merchants grow through loyalty and reward, connect with us.
At Smile, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Smile welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.