Amazon Channel Manager
Memphis, TN, USA
Posted on Friday, October 6, 2023
Our CompanyHKC-US/Palm Coast Imports was founded in September 2009 to pursue private label ceiling fans and lighting business at major U.S. home centers and eCommerce channels. With a focus on innovation and design as well as quality manufacturing. We have grown to become one of the largest ceiling fan and lighting suppliers in the industry.Over the past six years HKC-US/Palm Coast Imports has developed many new innovations and house brands in the ceiling fan, lighting categories and growing new categories to complement our portfolio. These new innovations and features are now available in the marketplace at many national retailers and online retail partners. Job DescriptionWe are seeking a strong Amazon eCommerce Manager to join our team in managing multiple brands inside the home improvement / lighting category. In this role you will have an impact on growing our company and supporting Amazon. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the balance between delivering e-commerce sales and a passion for marketing products through digital merchandising strategies to build the ultimate shopping experience online. The candidate will be fluent in all things Amazon and navigating through the 'flywheel' as well as ensuring internal goals are being met. This role is customer facing and requires the person to be able to work strategically as well as tactfully when negotiating with the customer. Other duties include managing external advertising agencies, P&L responsibility including advertising budgets, managing the day-to-day aspects of the account and being the team leader internally for all things Amazon.
- Identify and maximize opportunities to drive profitable sales growth and own the account P&L
- Lead day-to-day strategy and execution of agencies, in-house support teams and Amazon related issues.
- Optimize channel performance to hit revenue and sales targets by continually reviewing and improving our product catalog.
- Perform data analysis and provide actionable insights on marketing campaign performance, customer behavior, and attribution, using various analytical tools.
- Manage multiple brands within the Amazon platform (i.e., vendor central, seller central, direct import and direct ship programs)
- Serve as the primary marketing liaison between the Amazon Brand Advocate, Category Manager and other key contacts at Amazon for all vendor negotiations.
- Establish clear timelines to ensure all new products and/or content audits are set for 'best in class.'
- Develop a hybrid business model to win in seller central and vendor central.
- Manage / Report on advertising within Amazon cross-functionally with agencies and manage ad spend vs ROI.
- Manages seasonal promotions and strategies for sales growth and profitability while working cross-functionally.
- Serves as the internal Amazon lead between finance, forecasting, operations, compliance, and digital marketing teams.
- Make high level presentations based on qualitative and quantitative analysis and data to internal stakeholders, deliver insights that are clear and actionable.
- Support the consumer and customer by understanding data around merchandising and performance, ability to run and analyze reporting and make suggestions based on findings.
- Perform daily merchandising and maintenance updates in customer portals.
- Build valued working relationships across teams as well as with stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues and partner with internal team members to flag, monitor and resolve.
- Work with internal team to continue to drive process improvements and increase efficiency
- Passionate about Amazon with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior.
- Must have Amazon Vendor Central (1P) experience.
- Ability to quickly learn the necessary tools. Experience with content management systems and/or product information management tools a plus
- Performs duties as assigned and succeeds in continuous learning to improve skills and experience.
- Self-motivated, innovative thinker willing to work in an evolving role that presents opportunities for teamwork and collaboration.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to consistently meeting timelines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products; must have advanced proficiency in Excel and can create complex and dynamic reporting.
- Demonstrates effective problem solving and analysis skills.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and shifting priorities with a high attention to detail and ability to successfully meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills; verbal and written as well as strong customer relationship skills.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to work in customer portals to extract key data metrics.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work with all levels within and outside HKC-US
- Ability to work with teams in a remote capacity as well as in-person for strategic meetings and training.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in business, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 5 - 7 years of experience in Amazon Vendor Central / Seller Central