New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 7, 2023
Valence is the only learning and development digital platform for managers opening up a dialogue to enhance team health and effectiveness in real time. Our mission is to help the world work better, together. Our clients are typically Fortune 500s like The Coca-Cola Company, Nestle, ExxonMobil, Wells Fargo, The Vanguard Group and more.
Valence offers a growing platform of tools that can be mix & matched by all leaders and teams. Including, Align (team diagnostic), Perspective (personality diagnostic), Habit (team habits) and Reflect360 (360 feedback) - and now an AI Leadership Coach. Valence AI Coach offers every leader their own personalized, always-available coach using Generative AI technology to provide a conversational interface.
Learn more about our journey in Tech Crunch and as seen in Harvard Business Review on the future of leadership development (as "SHIFT"). Learn more about our VC, Insight Partners, here.
The Product Manager leads discovery, research, ideation, and execution on Valence’s AI Leadership Coach product. They are responsible for the success of major product initiatives at Valence and will work closely with the engineering, design, and business teams to identify opportunities, define requirements, and deliver products that delight our customers. They will report directly to the CEO.
Why This Role Matters
This is a critical role to the success of Valence in the market, with the integration of our AI Leadership Coach to our core tools. Your judgment and decisions in this role will be directly tied to important outcomes at Valence, and this is an opportunity for you to take on significant ownership at a growing, Series A company.
What You'll Do
- You’ll own Valence’s beta AI Leadership Coach product defining and executing on roadmaps toward objectives set by the CEO/Leadership Team.
- You’ll help define the product vision and strategy, working closely with leaders, engineers and fractional experts to take the product from beta to launch.
- You’ll perform user research and problem discovery in product areas you own, ensuring you make the right product investments.
- You’ll write product specs and define design and engineering work toward roadmaps you create.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of relevant product management experience in B2B SaaS, particularly with enterprise products.
- Proven track record of successful product collaboration across cross-functional teams, including engineering, sales, and customer support.
- Direct experience managing the entire product lifecycle, from ideation to launch.
- Ability to translate product strategy into actionable roadmaps and product specs for PMs, designers, and engineers.
- Strong user and client advocacy, prioritizing customer satisfaction and retention.
- Exceptional problem-solving and project management skills, with a structured and methodical approach.
- Excellent communication skills, able to convey context to executives and provide detailed guidance to design and engineering teams.
- Clear motivation for enterprise content management, coaching, L&D tools, or related complex enterprise products.
- Experience working directly with a CEO or C-Suite.
- Passion for Valence's stage and size, with a desire to take on challenges in a Series A startup environment, ideally having prior enterprise experience. Valence serves Fortune 500 companies with complex deployments and diverse stakeholders.
Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyway!
- Ownership of projects and strategic priorities regardless of seniority in our learning-focused environment.
- Frequent, tailored coaching and feedback sessions with managers deeply invested in your professional growth and development (1:1s, quarterly reviews, development feedback and more).
- Strong ties to the executive team, a culture of transparency and engagement with strategic decisions.
- Options from day one, which means you will be on the ownership track right away.
- Competitive salary and equity packages.
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, and vision) from day 1.
- Virtual doctor and mental health services from day 1.
- Provision of anything you need to be successful - learning tools, hardware, office equipment, software.
- Generous PTO, company-wide R&R shutdowns and paid leave for parents.
- A WFH stipend, phone stipend and merch merch merch.
Work Location and Environment
This is a hybrid work-from-home role with a quarterly in-person co-working week in September, December, March and June. Candidates must be comfortable to travel as needed, for quarterly co-working and have valid ID/passport. Candidates must not have any restrictions on their North American travel. We work primarily ET core hours.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where our team members, vendors, contractors and beyond feel valued and supported. We know that our commitment to inclusion and belonging enables us to do our best work overall. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, disability, and national origin. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring and selection process. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out - Allison Langille, Head of People email@example.com.