Prompt Consultant (Contract)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Valence is the only learning and development digital platform for managers opening up a dialogue to enhance team health and effectiveness in real time. Our mission is to help the world work better, together. Our clients are typically Fortune 500s like The Coca-Cola Company, Nestle, ExxonMobil, Wells Fargo, The Vanguard Group and more.
Valence has built a new LLM-powered product that will make high quality leadership coaching accessible and scalable like never before. Valence’s AI Coach uses the latest AI technology to provide high quality coaching with cutting edge leadership frameworks and always-on guidance and advice. This is a quickly evolving new product that is going to transform the way learning and development is delivered at scale.
We are seeking a full-time Prompt Consultant on an initial 8 week contract to support our early-stage LLM-powered AI Coach that serves employees at Fortune 500 enterprises. As a Prompting Consultant you will introduce and iterate on coaching prompts based on feedback and direction to rapidly improve the quality of our AI Coach. You will report directly to the Co-Founders, who is the product visionary for this new product.
Why This Role Matters
This contract role will be integral to our ability to 10x the quality of the AI Coach in a short period of time. We expect that if successful, this product will change the scalability and accessibility of high quality leadership coaching for some of the world’s biggest enterprises.
What You'll Do
- Work with leading LLM experts to understand and prioritize prompting requirements.
- Iterate on existing coaching prompts based on feedback and direction
- Introduce, test, and iterate on new coaching prompts based on feedback and direction
- Provide insights and ideas for new coaching frameworks to improve overall experience
- Provide guidance on how to systematize our approach to assessing coach quality
- Spend about 80% of your time prompting and 20% aligning with the team.
What We're Looking For
- Strong blend of intellectual agility and emotional intelligence
- Extremely quick learner that can pick up cutting edge concepts with independence
- Open to feedback and debate
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Experience communicating and engaging with Senior leaders (C-Suite, VPs)
- Pragmatic problem solving
- Coaching and leadership development interest
- Experience as a professional coach
- Experience at a startup
- Technical engineering background
Interesting but not required
Work Location and Employment
This is a full-time remote, work-from-home independent contractor role that will be an initial 6-8 week contract. This could convert into a full time role based on company and individual performance.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where our team members, vendors, contractors and beyond feel valued and supported. We know that our commitment to inclusion and belonging enables us to do our best work overall. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, disability, and national origin. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring and selection process. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out - Allison Langille, Head of People firstname.lastname@example.org.