Business Operations Manager
Join our small, fiery team on our mission to usher in the Bitcoin golden age.
We're looking for ambitious professionals with a thirst for knowledge who are interested in working with the most exciting financial innovation ever created: Bitcoin. Bitcoin is important because it allows individuals to store their wealth without relying on third parties. Its fundamental use-case as a store of value with a predictable monetary policy is having profound implications on freeing people into financial sovereignty.
Business Operations Manager
Shakepay is the easiest way for Canadians to buy and earn bitcoin. We’ve got a one of a kind community of shakers (aka “customers”) that keeps on growing, regardless of how the crypto market is doing. They love Shakepay almost as much as they love bitcoin, which is really saying something.
As a BizOps Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of Shakepay by driving operational excellence, data-driven decision-making, and strategic planning across the organization.
- Drive company strategy and planning, working closely with the executive team to refine our long-term vision and the path to achieving our goals
- Set up systems and train the org to enhance operational capabilities, especially as it relates to optimizing cross-functional workflows and building a culture of executional excellence
- Evaluate current processes, identify bottlenecks, and propose solutions to streamline operations and increase efficiency
- Gather data-driven insights about our business and customers, providing strategic recommendations for the business
- Lead cross-functional special projects and act as the swiss army knife for any high priority problem that comes up
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant field, preferably a combination of management consulting or investment banking and in-house experience in a startup or high-growth environment
- Versatile problem solver who can look at a problem from multiple different angles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, collaborating effectively across all levels of the organization from executives to individual contributors
- Lots of experience working cross-functionally, managing complex projects and influencing cross-functional stakeholders
- Analytical mindset with a good instinct on data and metrics, highly proficient in Excel/Sheets and ideally SQL
- Strong generalist skill set including business acumen, strategic thinking, organization, and project management
- Proactive, self-motivated, and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a similar role at a growth-stage technology startup
- Bilingualism in English and French
- Basic knowledge of bitcoin
If you don't meet all the requirements but believe you would be a great fit for this role then give us your pitch and tell us why.
What you get:
- Potentially life-changing stock options. We believe everyone at Shakepay should have the financial upside for building a generational company.
- Generous vacation time: we think time off is essential, and highly encourage it.
- Personal development: we're here to help you define and hit your personal career goals so that you can get where you want to be.
- Continued learning: every shaker gets a yearly budget to spend on learning.
- Employer-covered group insurance: health, dental, paramedical, disability and travel coverage to ensure you're at your best.
- Get paid in Bitcoin: choose to take a percentage of your salary in the hardest, soundest money the world has ever known.
- A collaborative and friendly team: we succeed together and we have fun doing it.
- MacBook: company-issued laptop to make sure you're doing your best work.
- Equipment stipend: every shaker receives a stipend to use toward setting up their home office.
Shakepay helps Canadians buy and sell bitcoin and pay their friends. We offer web and mobile apps that make it easy for Canadians to buy bitcoin in minutes with Interac e-Transfer. Shakepay is the fastest-growing bitcoin platform in Canada.
At Shakepay we're committed to promoting and celebrating diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from everyone, regardless of background and life experience. If you want to be a part of something momentous then we're excited to hear from you.
Please note that while all of our roles are remote, we are a Canadian company and will not be sponsoring visas for this position. You must be eligible to work in Canada to be selected.