Senior Business Analyst
Who we are:
We are a bunch of people who really care about agriculture, food and the challenges facing farming. We want to help farmers with data driven decision making to help nature feed a growing population. Join our team of expert engineers, agronomists, entomologists, crop researchers, and data scientists who are continually conducting research to help drive innovation in agriculture.
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2023) - Selected as winner of the “Overall Smart Irrigation Company Of The Year” award.
- Sustainability Changemaker by SDTC (2022) - Named as one of the companies which recognize homegrown innovation in sustainable technologies in Canada.
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2021) – Selected as winner of the "Pest Management Solutions of the Year" award.
- Google Accelerator (2020) – Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – Identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as helping the world reduce the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
As a Business Analyst you'll liaise with cross functional teams to deliver processes and systems improvements, leveraging your strong analytical, stakeholder engagement and problem-solving skills. Your will play an important role in elevating our business operations and enable us to achieve operational excellence.
What you will do:
- Analyze business processes and systems, pin point inefficiencies and opportunities including AI-enablement, and propose improvements to enhance operational efficiency.
- Take ownership of gathering and delivering business requirements, end to end process flows and user stories ensuring clarity, accuracy, and completeness.
- Proficiently and succinctly convey the requirements to key stakeholders, ensuring comprehensive understanding of the proposed solutions meeting business needs.
- Apply previous experience and knowledge of business systems and processes, and evolving technologies like Generative AI to provide insights for optimizing business processes like inventory management, field services planning, sales operations.
- Actively participate in driving adoption of processes and systems changes through participation and facilitation of user testing, building and delivering training content development and monitoring user feedback.
- Monitor and evaluate process performance through data trend analysis for further improvements, generating insights and recommendations.
- Contribute to enablement strategy development with a strong understanding of business needs and impacts to influence roadmaps.
- Prepare and present data-driven insights to informed decision-making.
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- 5+ years of experience in delivering process and systems improvements, collecting and documenting business requirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration (operations, logistics, supply chain), engineering or a related field (required)
- Knowledge of inventory management and supply chain processes, and experience in implementation of business systems like ERP is considered a strong asset
- Understanding of data mapping and ETL process, and experience building data driven insights, using reporting tools like Power BI and Tableau is a strong asset
- Solid aptitude for evolving technologies like Generative AI and its role in business enablement
- Strong skills in IT software tools such as Jira, Visio, Mural, Lucidchart, Google suite
- Proven track record of effective problem-solving skills with an innate ability to deal with ambiguity and attention to details
- Strong ability to independently manage time and prioritize tasks
- Strong facilitation and stakeholder management skill, earn trust quickly and convey ideas succinctly and with influence both verbal and visually
Nice to have:
- Formal training or certification in business analysis techniques such as Certified Business Analysis Professional or Certified Lean Six Sigma professional are a plus.
- Experience working with companies with international operations
- Knowledge of AI application in enterprise systems
- System implementation experience
- Agile project management experience
Salary range: $90,000 to $110,000 per year
Please note that the base pay offered may vary based on factors including but not limited to knowledge, skills and experience, as well as business and organizational needs.
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Opportunity to contribute and make an impact by working on meaningful projects
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other in a collaborative and casual work environment
- Flexible working arrangements and strong work-life balance culture
- Multiple office locations, convenient via transit and bike paths
- Extended medical plan with a Health Spending Account with premiums paid by the company
- Group RRSP, which includes a 3% company paid match after one year of employment
At Semios, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please let us know. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome everyone.