Sales Operations Manager
Who we are:
We are a bunch of people who really care about agriculture, food and the challenges facing farming. We want to help farmers with data driven decision making to help nature feed a growing population. Join our team of expert engineers, agronomists, entomologists, crop researchers, and data scientists who are continually conducting research to help drive innovation in agriculture.
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2023) - Selected as winner of the “Overall Smart Irrigation Company Of The Year” award.
- Sustainability Changemaker by SDTC (2022) - Named as one of the companies which recognize homegrown innovation in sustainable technologies in Canada.
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2021) – Selected as winner of the "Pest Management Solutions of the Year" award.
- Google Accelerator (2020) – Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – Identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as helping the world reduce the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
As the Sales Operations Manager you will be responsible for supporting the VP of sales in the development, implementation and maintenance of all sales policies, processes, and systems, to support the sales and customer success teams in diligently driving sales and ultimately accelerating growth for Semios.
What you will do:
- Design and develop sales and customer success systems, processes, and procedures that will support a seamless customer journey and experience.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify and address system and process improvement opportunities.
- Work with the CRM technical team to implement and rollout the processes within the CRM system and relevant teams.
- Design and administer compensation and commission structures for the sales team.
- Create and maintain a sales management framework to drive and manage performance.
- Train and onboard sales team members on the effective use of sales systems and processes.
- Monitor and analyze sales data to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and industry regulations related to sales operations.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to the sales team regarding the use of sales systems and processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as marketing and finance, to ensure alignment and integration of sales systems and processes.
- Develop digital document store and reference materials.
- Develop a set of standard templates for all proposals and bids.
- Create and drive quality control for the entire sales process.
- Create and maintain sales contracts and agreements.
- Ensure compliance of all outgoing documentation to Semios Brand standards and policies.
- Create and maintain pricing tables for all offerings.
- Work with marketing and other stakeholders to develop requisite sales and marketing collateral and ensure such materials are kept current.
In line with our values of being Impactful, Reliable and Timely, we believe being clear about what success looks like for any role is the first step to high impact.
What does success look like for this role and how will we know it’s working? Here are some Key Performance Areas that will be used to measure the impact of the role on the objective.
- Sales Efficiency: Clear indicators are in place to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of sales systems and processes in terms of time and resource utilization.
- Sales Pipeline Management: Consistent and reliable reporting to monitor the health and progression of the sales pipeline, including the accuracy of forecasting and the conversion rates at each stage.
- Sales Team Performance: Easy and immediate access to data that allows the organization to review and evaluate the performance of the sales team based on predefined sales targets, revenue generation, and customer acquisition metrics.
- System Adoption and Utilization: Assess the adoption and utilization rates of sales systems and processes by the sales team.
- Customer Success Metrics: Track customer success metrics, such as customer satisfaction, retention rates, and upsell/cross-sell opportunities.
- Process Improvement: Measure the impact of process improvements on sales team productivity, efficiency, and overall performance.
- Pricing Strategies: Evaluate pricing structure and positioning to assess customer response and adoption.
We want you to succeed. To do so, you will need (at least) the following qualifications, credentials and experience:
- Business degree (BA, BCom, BSc)
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of sales operations projects and practices.
- Creation of a sales playbook in a SaaS enterprise environment
- Strong analytical ability and able to prioritize multiple projects
- Expertise in CPQ tools
- Extensive experience working with various CRM systems
- Knowledge of enterprise SaaS tools
- Excellent problem solving, project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- SaaS and B2B experience, as well as experience with a channel based sales model.
- To work in accordance with our values of Impact, Reliability and being Timely.
Nice to have:
While we won't consider anything less that the requirements listed above, we are always looking for more. Experience and proven competence in one or more of the following areas will definitely get our attention.
- Sales and / or sales management experience in a SaaS or tech based environment
- Sale training and / or coaching experience
- Business Analyst role for Sales Operations
- Experience in the Agtech sector
Salary range: $90,000 to $115,000 per year plus performance bonus
Please note that the base pay offered may vary based on factors including but not limited to knowledge, skills and experience, as well as business and organizational needs.
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Opportunity to contribute and make an impact by working on meaningful projects
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other in a collaborative and casual work environment
- Flexible working arrangements and strong work-life balance culture
- Multiple office locations, convenient via transit and bike paths
- Extended medical plan with a Health Spending Account with premiums paid by the company
- Group RRSP, which includes a 3% company paid match after one year of employment
At Semios, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please let us know. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome everyone.