Field Service Technician - Woodland, CA
Who we are:
Semios is the premier AgTech solution for managing tree fruit, nut and vine crops. Employing internet-of-things (IoT) technology combined with big data analytics we collect over 500 million crop data points every day, empowering tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize production costs and improve yield. One of our customers spoke to their Semios experience in this short video which shows how our solution helps growers achieve more environmentally sustainable practices.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2022) – Selected as winner of the "Precision Agriculture Solutions of the Year" award.
- THRIVE - Top 50 Global AgTech (2022) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe.
- Sustainability Changemaker by SDTC (2022) - Named as one of the companies which recognize homegrown innovation in sustainable technologies in Canada.
- Google Accelerator (2020) – Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
Semios is dedicated to helping farmers leverage technology to produce a better outcome. Crop insights are stored in the cloud providing farmers decision aid solutions from anywhere, on any device, in real-time. We improve sustainability, reduce inputs and increase the value of harvests.
Who you are:
Field Technicians will be Semios’ hands in the field. You are responsible for installing, monitoring, and maintaining innovative wireless networks in tree fruit orchards.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for agriculture, technology, and be comfortable with long hours outdoors in any environmental condition. You are a self motivated individual who is willing to work relatively independently while completing tasks, a good communicator and a great team player. We also need someone who is comfortable prioritizing their workload to be efficient and productive.
What you will do:
- Install network equipment including Semios dispensers, insect camera traps, weather stations, network gateways, leaf wetness sensors and soil moisture monitoring sensors
- Troubleshoot and maintain sensors and equipment using our Service and Installation app
- Operate company vehicles and ATVs
- Haul necessary equipment to work sites with a trailer
- Keep track of device and supply inventory
- Take ownership of a Semios service region by ensuring quality service is provided to all designated customers
What you bring to the team:
- Good verbal and communication skills to understand instructions and speak with management and internal teams
- Good physical health and the ability to work outdoors in all conditions
- A valid driver’s license and no major driving infractions in the last 5 years
- Experience working with your hands
- A flexible schedule
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn
Nice to have:
- Mechanical experience
- Supervisory experience
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Familiarity or interest in working with technology
- Familiarity with commercial tree fruit operations or some background in agriculture desired
Job Type: Full Time
- 40+ hours per week
- Pay: $17.00 - $23.00
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Company Vehicle